facebook

MyEclipse 2013 through SDC forces JRE 1.6 use

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ic.gc.ca
    Participant

Currently running SDC 2013 SR3
    – SDC Hub runs on Linux
    – SDC Admin Console runs on Windows 7

Configuring MyEclipse 2013 for distribution with Checkstyle

How can I distribute MyEclipse 2013 for distribution with JRE 1.7. I have both the Oracle 1.7 JDK & JRE packs installed in the Hub, but when building a MyEclipse 2013 distribution I can not select Oracle JDK or JRE as the embedded runtime nor can I get rid of the JRE 1.6 that seems to be distributed by default. This gives us problems when using Checkstyle to build source with a JDK of 1.7 while MyEclipse runs in JRE 1.6.

http://sourceforge.net/p/eclipse-cs/bugs/338/

I can modify the myeclipse.ini manually, but don’t know if that is a supported configuration.

#346287 Reply

sdc-support

Hello ic.gc.ca,

Sorry you are running into this issue. MyEclipse has very specific JRE requirements, but you can upgrade to MyEclipse 2014 which is shipped with JDK 1.7 so it should get well with your Checkstyle plugin.

Best regards,
    Aaron Lara – SDC Support

#346290 Reply

ic.gc.ca
    Participant

Is MyEclipse 2014 available with the Matisse plugin? Using the Matisse plugin is the primary reason why MyEclipse 2013 was choosen over MyEclipse 2014.

Also if the JVM was manually upgraded, is there any known problems?

#346292 Reply

sdc-support

Please check this reply on MyEclipse forums regarding Matisse4myeclipse: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2014-and-matisse/

There could be some issues on MyEclipse 2013 if you manually upgrade the JVM shipped with it. Since MyEclipse 2014 works with java 1.7 by default and it is compatibble with Matisse I think your best choice is to upgrade to MyEclipse 2014.

Regards,
    Aaron Lara – SDC Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2013 through SDC forces JRE 1.6 use

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in