facebook

MyEclipse 2015 CI – console output disappeared

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

neilrichards
    Participant

Hi,

Not sure what I’ve done, but I no longer get any output in the console view. When I ran my Ant builds I used to get detailed output on what it was doing – now I just get the title strip and the red square indicating it’s running which eventually shows that it has terminated. It also now does not always automatically show the console view – I have to click on the tab.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
    Neil

#454592 Reply

support-swapna

Neil,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. I assume you are seeing the Console but no output being logged in the Console view.
    There is a small pull-down icon on the right of the Console that lets you select which console you want to see. Maybe you accidentally selected a different console.

2. Is the issue only when running the ANT builds? Does the Console log output for all other activities?

3. Can you please check if opening a new window from Window > New Window help fix the problem? Please restart the IDE and check if the issue persists.

4. Please also try to reset the perspective (Window > Reset Perspective) and check if it helps.

5. If none of the above suggestions work,then can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists?

6. If the issue persists even with the new workspace, please send us a screenshot of the IDE to help us get a visual. Also check if there are any errors of interest logged in the .log file located at /.metadata/.log. If yes, then please send us the .log file for further investigation.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#454595 Reply

neilrichards
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

None of the above helped I’m afraid. There was however something interesting in the .log output:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2015-10-09 14:08:30.038
    !MESSAGE Contributor com.genuitec.eclipse.meexplorer.MENavigator cannot be created.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.launching 4 120 2015-10-09 14:09:52.679
    !MESSAGE Error logged from Ant UI: 
    !STACK 0
    java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out
    	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForNewConnection(Native Method)
    	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:135)
    	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:398)
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:198)
    	at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:530)
    	at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:498)
    	at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.launchConfigurations.RemoteAntBuildListener$ServerConnection.run(RemoteAntBuildListener.java:89)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Neil

#454599 Reply

support-swapna

Neil,

It looks like you experienced the same problem earlier too. Refer to this thread:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/ant-does-not-work-out-of-the-box/

1. If the location of the ANT’s plugin jars changes, then ANT might stop working in the workspace.
    Go to Window -> Preferences -> Ant -> Runtime,remove all jars under Ant Home Entries, and then find the new versions in the MyEclipse plugin folder (as an External Jar Location). Apply the changes and check if the build runs fine.

2. Please check if any of the suggestions on these threads help fix the issue :
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2457827/ant-build-scripts-totally-hangs-with-no-messages-in-console
    https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/294722/

3. If none of the above suggestions work, then try clearing out any old run configurations and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#454722 Reply

neilrichards
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Yeah the previous problem was Ant-related but not the same – here the build terminates ok but there is no output. Anyway, I tried your first suggestion last Friday which didn’t seem to make any difference but I then got too busy to try anything else. However yesterday, after a few builds with no output yet again, suddenly it started working ok without me making any further changes / restarting etc. So strange! Good news for me, but I’m afraid for identifying the original problem not helpful.

Thanks for your help, and if there are further issues etc I will let you know.

Neil

#454736 Reply

support-swapna

Neil,

Glad that you are no longer seeing the issue. It looks like an ANT related issue.
    Please also look up on ANT forums for better support.

Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#456453 Reply

neilrichards
    Participant

Thanks

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by neilrichards.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by neilrichards.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2015 CI – console output disappeared

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in