facebook

MyEclipse 2015 – Websphere 8.5.5.9 – Starting Status Issue

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

gjt3
    Participant

I am using MEB 2015 Stable 2 and trying to configure a WAS 8.5 server. I can configure and start a server without security enabled. However when configuring one with security enabled it will show “Started” in the Console but just “Starting” in the Servers window. It will stay in this state until it eventually times out.
    1. I have added the -clean option at the start of MyEclipse, to no avail.
    2. I have created a new profile – no change
    3. The logs do not provide any clues
    4. The SSL handshake error is not involved (as I have read on other sites)

#477683 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It is a known issue with IPC protocol used to connect to Websphere in MyEclipse 2015.

Please switch to the SOAP protocol instead. Double click on the Websphere server in the Servers view to open the server Overview page. Select the SOAP protocol instead of IPC in the Advanced server settings section and save the page. Now try starting the server.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference. This issue is fixed in our latest release MyEclipse 2016 CI 2 based on Eclipse Mars. If possible, please update to MyEclipse 2016 CI 2. You can install MyEclipse 2016 CI 2 alongside your existing MyEclipse 2015 install and use the current license.

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #477725 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

I have tried the SOAP selection and the issue still exists. Also when is the projected release date for MYEclipse 2016 Stable 1.0?

#477740 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Sorry that you are still seeing this issue.

Is it possible for you to update to MyEclipse 2015 Stable 3.0, the latest in the 2015 stream? Go to Help > Check for Updates and follow the wizard and check if the issue persists with the SOAP protocol in a new workspace.

If the issue persists then :

1. Please share with us the MyEclipse Installation Details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ?

2. Please also send us the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for further investigation.
    Before sending us the log file, clear its contents and replicate the issue.

I will get back to you soon about the timeline for MyEclipse 2016 Stable 1.0 release.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#477751 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

MY error. we are running 2015 Stable 3.0 and the issue still exists.
    Attached are t he “installations details” and the .log files

#477789 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

I am afraid the attachments are missing. Please attach them again. For the .log file, you can change the extension to .txt and attach it.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#477812 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

I a mre-sending attachments

#477827 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Unfortunately, the attachments are still missing. Do you see them attached when sending the reply?
    If there is an issue attaching the files, please email them to swapna@genuitec.com along with a reference to this post.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#477938 Reply

support-swapna

Greg,

Thank you for the files.

We could not replicate the issue with MyEclipse 2015 Stable 3.0 at our end. The .log file is not helpful either as there is no relevant information logged for the WAS startup failure.

We have improved WAS support in problematic area in MyEclipse 2016 CI. Can you please install MyEclipse 2016 CI as a test and confirm that it works for you?

Please download the MyEclipse 2016 CI installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

You can install MyEclipse 2016 CI alongside your existing MyEclipse 2015 Stable 3.0 installation and use your current license.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#477962 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Greg,

To add additional clarity – there are some issues with WebSphere that are very system specific, which is why they are hard to reproduce and track down. We have seen issues similar to the one you are describing and fixes for those did go into the 2016 CI 1 release – however, for reasons mentioned above, we can’t be 100% sure that the bug you are running into is fixed.

Even though you will ultimately require a Stable release of 2016, if you could try the 2016 CI installer as Swapna suggests, we can be sure that the fix you’re looking for will be present in the Stable release – if not, we’ll have to work with you to ensure that the issues is fixed before Stable.

Do let us know how the testing goes and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2015 – Websphere 8.5.5.9 – Starting Status Issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in