facebook

Insert spaces for tabs in \"Text Compare\", how?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

g_man1990
    Participant

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 2016 Stable 1.0
    Build id: 14.0.0-20160624
    the spring license
    Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 Build 7601 x64 zh-cn
    ————————————-
    Text Compare

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by g_man1990.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #506325 Reply

support-swapna

g_man1990,

You can configure the Text Editor settings here : Window->Preferences->Editors->Text Editors->Tick the check box labelled “Insert spaces for tabs”.

In the comparison to ignore differences which are whitespace characters (spaces, tabs, etc.), you can check ‘Ignore white space’ here : Window > Preferences > General > Compare/Patch.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#506913 Reply

g_man1990
    Participant

with settings “Insert spaces for tabs”, i can use Tab to input 4(maybe) space with Text Editor(like edit txt file), but with Text Compare Press Tab just input Tab (i want also input 4 space)

#506967 Reply

support-swapna

g_man1990,

It looks like the ‘Insert spaces for tabs’ works in java compare but not for text compare. It is an Eclipse issue which you are seeing in MyEclipse as MyEclipse is based on Eclipse.Text compare doesn’t use a text editor and so the preferences does not work as per this bug : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=54940

The Text Compare issue is covered in this bug which is still open : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=259410

I have filed a bug in MyEclipse for the dev team to track the Eclipse bug and see if we can fix at our end.
    We will keep you posted when we have more information.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#507610 Reply

g_man1990
    Participant

also on Emmet like div>form

#507627 Reply

support-swapna

g_man1990,

I see the issue with Emmet expand abbreviations. I am afraid currently there are no preferences available to configure spaces instead of tabs for Emmet. I have raised the bug for the dev team to work on it.

Thank you for reporting it.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#508268 Reply

g_man1990
    Participant

Above like Select two java file
    ———————–
    the following like use subclipse, Select one java file comoare with svn
    the java source compare do not Show Whitespace Characters, how to show Whitespace ?

#511817 Reply

support-swapna

g_man1990,

Our latest release, MyEclipse 2017 CI 2 has the fix for using spaces instead of tabs in Emmet Expand Abbreviations. You should select ‘Indent using spaces’ in the Preferences for the corresponding editor in which you are using the Emmet. Example : If you are working with Emmet in HTML files, then turn on ‘Indent using spaces’ at Window > Preferences > Files and Editors > HTML > HTML Source. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

If you are still working with MyEclipse 2016, then you can install MyEclipse 2017 CI to a different location alongside your existing MyEclipse 2016 installation and evaluate it. Your current license is valid for MyEclipse 2017 as well.

Please download the latest MyEclipse 2017 CI installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Insert spaces for tabs in \"Text Compare\", how?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in