Tagged: Add New Server
July 18, 2022 at 9:05 am #681990
I am trying to add new server however I have observed following issues in it.
1. There is no way to add server by right clicking at server section.
2. Window-Preferences-MyEclipse giving an error at the screen.
MyEclipse Configuration –
Build id: 16.0.0-20220324
I have attached both the exceptions as attachment. At this point there is now way for me to add new server.July 18, 2022 at 9:32 am #681994
Added screenshot from Window-Preferences-Servers-Runtime Environment.
Attached screenshot shows an error ‘provide server installation directory’ and there is no way to add server installation directory.July 18, 2022 at 10:10 am #681996
Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot and the error details.
Is this a fresh installation of MyEclipse 2022? Did it work before on this particular machine?
Please start MyEclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists.
If the issue persists, then please share the following details to help us investigate further :
1. Complete .log file from the new workspace located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here)
2. If you have changed the Java version that is used to start MyEclipse(in myeclipse.ini file), then please share the version and distribution details.
3. Any third party plugins installed or any other changes made to the IDE?
Apologies for inconvenience caused.
Genuitec SupportJuly 19, 2022 at 6:12 am #682006
I had been using MyEclipse 2019 before migrating to 2022. The version 2022 has lot of issues in it. After migration I had to create new workspace to resolve an issue.
The clean command is not working for me.
If I create new workspace then current observation will be resolved. Please don’t suggest that option as this would be forth time for me to create new workspace to resolve IDE issue. I don’t want to invest my time again to resolve IDE issue rather than productive work.
I haven’t changed the java version at myeclipse.ini file. Installation summary has been attached.July 19, 2022 at 6:14 am #682008
Attached installation details.July 20, 2022 at 8:32 am #682018
Thank you for sharing the log file. Apologies for your previous experiences.
Can you please give us some more details?
1. When exactly did you see this problem with adding the new server? Is it right after migrating to MyEclipse 2022?
2. Is the problem specific to adding a new Websphere server or for any server?
3. Any antivirus running in your machine?
4. How did you install MyEclipse 2022? Did you perform an in-product update using
Check for Updatesdialog or did you install a fresh copy of MyEclipse 2022 using offline installer?
5. Can you please uninstall your current MyEclipse 2022, install a fresh copy of MyEclipse 2022 using freshly downloaded offline installer to rule out a corrupt/broken install?
If you do not want to uninstall your current MyEclipse 2022 install, then delete the
.deliverycenter.installsfile located in your user home folder, run the offline installer, select a different location to install another copy of MyEclipse 2022 and proceed.
Start the newly installed MyEclipse 2022 with
>myeclipse.exe -clean -clearPersistedState) and open your current workspace.
If this doesn’t fix the problem, then please share the .log file again to help us investigate further. Also let us know if any third party plugins are installed.
Apologies for inconvenience caused.
Genuitec SupportJuly 22, 2022 at 3:19 am #682056
Please find responses to your questions/suggestions.
1. I was able to add new server after migration recently I am facing this issue.
2. Problem is not specific to any server type, it is happening for all application servers.
3. No antivirus running on my system
4. I had tried to upgrade with in-built option however it didn’t worked for me. Then I installed the IDE with offline installer.
5. Let me know if reinstallation is the only option I have, I will do it.
I am going to perform steps that you have mentioned to see if it resolves my issue. More updates to follow.
Thanks & Regards,
Abhijeet AralgundkarJuly 22, 2022 at 4:54 am #682057
Thank you for the answers.
Do you remember making any changes to the IDE recently which might have broken the server functionality?
Any third party plugins installed? We might get a better picture once you install a fresh copy of MyEclipse 2022 to rule out IDE corruption and open your current workspace. Please check and share the .log file with us if the issue persists.
P.S : Please install the new copy to a different location instead of rewriting or repairing your existing MyEclipse 2022 installation.
Genuitec SupportAugust 8, 2022 at 9:13 am #682237
Just following up – were you able to resolve the issue with the new server?
Do let us know if you are still seeing the problem in a fresh installation of MyEclipse.
Genuitec SupportAugust 8, 2022 at 9:17 am #682238
Thanks Swapna for tracking this.
I kept the installation same and pointed it to new workspace. Now I don’t see the issue.