facebook

MyEclipse 7.5 with Subversive running out of heap space

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

citynomad

Hi,

I am experiencing memory problems when checking out projects from a Subversion repository – Subversive quits with a message that it has run out of heap space (doesn’t crash the whole environment, though.) Which setting do I need to modify to increase the amount of heap space available to it?

I am running MyEclipse 7.5 with Subversive (both installed through Pulse) on WinXP 32-bit.

Thanks.

#300346 Reply

citynomad,
    Can you post the contents of myeclipse.ini file located at you installation directory?

#300374 Reply

citynomad

Here’s what I have in my myeclipse.ini:

-startup
    ../../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar
    --launcher.library
    ../../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731
    -clean
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
    -vmargs
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    #300473 Reply

support-joy

Thank you. Can you try with bigger heap settings (-Xmx), try 768.
    You need to use extreme caution when modifying the config file. Make sure you don’t insert any spaces or special characters. This is an extremely sensitive file.
    Let me know how this works for you.

#300985 Reply

Murlock
    Participant

Hello,

got the same problem with the ini “Xmx” and myEclipse 7.5 with Subversive that i downloaded and installed via the initial prompt when starting 7.5 for the first time; value put to 1024m; still getting Heap Space error when checking out big projects for the first time. Must be some mem leak, probably…

Could you please suggest how to get this working?

Thanks a lot!

#300986 Reply

lhale
    Participant

I can verify the same exact problem. I upped the heap memory to 768M as well, only to get the same “outof heap space” message as before. I increased the heap memory to 1024m, but then myeclipse wouldn’t start (“JVM terminated. Exit code=-1”).

We need a resolution to this problem – thanks.

#300998 Reply

support-joy

All,

Can you refer to this post here https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/jvm-terminated-exit-code-1-whwn-starting-myeclipse/#post-300997 and check if it works out. I have researched over the net and came across http://troyworks.com/blog/2008/06/08/eclipse-jvm-terminated-exit-code-1/
    This issue seems to stem from base eclipse, if you refer to the above post there is no single resolution for this issue. Do let me know which solution worked for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 7.5 with Subversive running out of heap space

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in