facebook

MyEclipse 8.6M1 – JSP Content Assist Missing??

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Matthew

I don’t know if the Content Assist has been disabled in this version, but there does not seem to be any functionality in either the MyEclipse JSP editor or MyEclipse Visual JSP editor.

I hope you didn’t have to sacrifice the Content Assist to get the formatting to work (from my limited testing, its beautiful compared to MyEclipse 8.5, Good work!).

#310215 Reply

matthewcat,

its beautiful compared to MyEclipse 8.5, Good work!

Thank you very much.

Content Assist is not disabled on jsp. Can you clarify which CA you are referring to, HTML/JAVA etc?
    What is the OS that you are using? Are there any errors logged in the log file located at workspace dir > .metadata > .log when CA is activated?

#310292 Reply

Matthew

I was referring to HTML CA in MyEclipse JSP Editor.
    Good news: Upon updating to the MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 8.6.0 (according to Pulse) it appears that the problem is solved, CA is back!

It looks like I had some weird in-between version. According to Pulse, I had MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 8.5.100. It was giving the splash screen for MyEclipse 8.6.

If you want more information about the previous version that I had, I can provide you a quick history of what I did.

#310310 Reply

matthewcat,

it appears that the problem is solved, CA is back!

Good to know that you are all set.

If you want more information about the previous version that I had, I can provide you a quick history of what I did.

Thank you very much. Please share the steps you have followed and can you provide us the pulse registered id for further investigation?

#310381 Reply

Matthew

I guess I spoke too soon. 🙁
    It doesn’t seem that CA is working for the normal Html.

CA does work for JavaScript, and Scriptlets.

I think that my pulse registered ID is the same as my name here: matthewcat
    I don’t have any workspace preferences checked in to this profile, because every time I do I get an error or some kind of other weird behavior.

What other information do you need?

#310404 Reply

matthewcat,
    I am afraid, I could not replicate this at my end. I have attached a screen shot for your reference.
    1. Can you copy paste your installation details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details?
    2. Are there any errors logged in the log file located at workspace dir > .metadata > .log when the CA is invoked? Please clear your log file, save it and then invoke CA to get
    the relevant errors.
    3. If you create a simple web application and invoke HTML CA on the index.jsp, does the issue persist?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #310429 Reply

Matthew

1) Install Details

*** Date:
    Monday, August 9, 2010 12:39:33 PM EDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100723

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100723

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 8.6\../../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Profiles\MyEclipse 8.6\../../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Profiles/MyEclipse 8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

2) Error Log

!SESSION 2010-08-09 12:43:29.688 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_13
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-08-09 12:43:49.313
    !MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-08-09 12:43:49.313
    !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for SHIFT+DEL:
    Binding(SHIFT+DEL,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.removeAllInstances,Remove All Visible Results,
    Category(org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.category,SQL Results View,null,true),
    ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
    Binding(SHIFT+DEL,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.ui.edit.cut,Cut,
    Cut the selection to the clipboard,
    Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.edit,Edit,null,true),
    org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WidgetMethodHandler@33e2dc,
    ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.dialogAndWindow,,,system)
    Binding(SHIFT+DEL,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.topcased.modeler.deleteModelObject,Delete From Model,
    Allows the user to delete the selected graph element and its associated model element in a Topcased editor.,
    Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.edit,Edit,null,true),
    ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2010-08-09 12:43:51.141
    !MESSAGE NLS unused message: prompt.optclasspath in: com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core.configuration

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: prompt.preclasspath in: com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core.configuration

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: prompt.optlibrarypath in: com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core.configuration

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 4 4 2010-08-09 12:44:18.313
    !MESSAGE null
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.wst.html.ui.internal.contentassist.HTMLContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(HTMLContentAssistProcessor.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.ui.internal.contentassist.JSPContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(JSPContentAssistProcessor.java:891)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.contentassist.CompoundContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(CompoundContentAssistProcessor.java:303)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomContentAssistant.computeCompletionProposals(CustomContentAssistant.java:1356)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup.computeProposals(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:890)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup.access$24(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:885)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup$17.run(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:2025)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup.showProposals(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:2017)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomContentAssistant.showPossibleCompletions(CustomContentAssistant.java:2828)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.StructuredTextViewer.doOperation(StructuredTextViewer.java:446)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction$1.run(TextOperationAction.java:131)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.run(TextOperationAction.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.ui.commands.ActionHandler.execute(ActionHandler.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerWrapper.execute(LegacyHandlerWrapper.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
    at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:470)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:824)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:880)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.filterKeySequenceBindings(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:569)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.access$3(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:510)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard$KeyDownFilter.handleEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:125)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1208)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1002)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1027)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1012)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1040)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1036)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.wmChar(Widget.java:1368)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_CHAR(Control.java:4053)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.WM_CHAR(Canvas.java:346)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:3946)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:342)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4619)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2411)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3501)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.dltk.core 4 0 2010-08-09 12:44:21.454
    !MESSAGE error saving index
    !STACK 0
    java.io.UTFDataFormatException
    at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.util.Util.writeUTF(Util.java:1430)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.index.DiskIndex.writeCategoryTable(DiskIndex.java:1177)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.index.DiskIndex.writeCategories(DiskIndex.java:1133)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.index.DiskIndex.mergeWith(DiskIndex.java:724)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.index.Index.save(Index.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.indexing.core.SourceModulesRequest.run(SourceModulesRequest.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.indexing.AbstractJob.execute(AbstractJob.java:77)
    at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.search.processing.JobManager.run(JobManager.java:452)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I then removed the binding conflicts to SHIFT+DEL and had this for CA

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 4 4 2010-08-09 12:48:15.438
    !MESSAGE null
    !STACK 0
    at org.eclipse.wst.html.ui.internal.contentassist.HTMLContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(HTMLContentAssistProcessor.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.ui.internal.contentassist.JSPContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(JSPContentAssistProcessor.java:891)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.contentassist.CompoundContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(CompoundContentAssistProcessor.java:303)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomContentAssistant.computeCompletionProposals(CustomContentAssistant.java:1356)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup.computeProposals(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:890)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup.access$24(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:885)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup$17.run(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:2025)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomCompletionProposalPopup.showProposals(CustomCompletionProposalPopup.java:2017)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CustomContentAssistant.showPossibleCompletions(CustomContentAssistant.java:2828)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.StructuredTextViewer.doOperation(StructuredTextViewer.java:446)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction$1.run(TextOperationAction.java:131)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.run(TextOperationAction.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerWrapper.execute(LegacyHandlerWrapper.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:470)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:824)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:880)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.filterKeySequenceBindings(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:569)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.access$3(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:510)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard$KeyDownFilter.handleEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:125)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

3) I then made a new project called ‘test’ and in the index.jsp file made a div tag in the body tag and tried to have it complete the style attribute (just like my posted image). Here is the error message from that:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 4 4 2010-08-09 12:51:02.673
    !MESSAGE null
    !STACK 0

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try.

Thanks!!
    -Matt

#310446 Reply

Matt,
    Can you try using the -clean as mentioned in the link below –
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

Let me know if that helps

#310471 Reply

Matthew

Ok I tried the “-clean” trick:

Opened MyEclipse with -clean and no projects except “Servers” Opened.
    Created new “Test” Project (didn’t work). Deleted this project (deleted files).
    Opened Config Center and Installed MyEclipse Enterprise 8.6.0 (which I thought I already had…… I apparently have MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 8.6.0)
    Opened MyEclipse with -clean and no projects except “Servers” Opened.
    Created new “Test” Project (didn’t work).
    Got the same error as before.

Any thoughts?

#310484 Reply

Matt,

Opened Config Center and Installed MyEclipse Enterprise 8.6.0 (which I thought I already had…… I apparently have MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 8.6.0)

That is the new update for 8.6 that was released a few days back.

Can you try doing a reinstall and run and check if the issue persists?
    The following are the steps –
    1. Download pulse from http://www.poweredbypulse.com
    2. Open pulse explorer and select “Eclipse Galileo” in the top left corner.
    3. You profile should be listed under “My profiles”. Select it, right click on it and from the context menu select “Re install and Run”
    Also, can you switch to a new workspace and test it?
    Let me know how that works for you.

#310522 Reply

Matthew

I tried the re-install on my desktop here. Same issue.

I have a laptop that I have just formatted, and re-installed the OS (no previous pulse/ME installs, no existing workspaces, not even a JRE):
    I downloaded pulse, and installed from my profile.
    Created a new Web Project.
    Opened index.jsp with MyEclipse JSP editor.
    Once again tried the “<div sty >” test.
    Same error.

Is it possible that there is some conflict with the choice of items in my profile? They are all MyEclipse items except Subclipse 1.6.x

#310530 Reply

Matt,
    I shall escalate this issue to the dev team.They will get back to you on this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 8.6M1 – JSP Content Assist Missing??

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in