facebook

MyEclipse Blue 2014 – Maven – Run EJB Deploy Failing

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

support-swapna

cshook,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Runtimes for Maven projects are not supported in MyEclipse 2014. MyEclipse 2015 supports runtimes for Maven projects.

Run EJB Deploy fails with this message: Primary runtime of the project xxxxx does not support EJB Deploy. Do you want to choose a different one now?

Can you check if you can choose a different runtime (i.e WAS in your case) ? If the wizard does not allow you to select or add one, please download MyEclipse 2015 from here.

Once you install MyEclipse 2015, apply the blue license you already have, import the EAR project and its modules. For the EJB projects make sure the runtime is selected correctly. Right click on EJB project > Properties > MyEclipse > Targeted Runtimes. Select the WAS runtime.If the WAS server is not already configured, configure it. Run the EJB Deploy and see how it works.

Let us know how it works for you.

#350619 Reply

shookie10

Swapna, Is there a corresponding MyEclipseBlue 2015 CI? We need the “Blue” version for websphere.

#350622 Reply

shookie10

Ok, I did as you said and downloaded 2015 and used my “blue” license and I can now see the WebSphere 7 server connectors. I set up my Websphere 7 server and tried to run the EJB Deploy as you said. It acts like it is going to deploy them but then brings a message:

EJB Deploy (xxxx_ejb) has encountered a problem.
    EJB Deploy failed

Cannot create framework
    Cannot create framework

I can deploy the ear and get to the main page but as soon as it tries to access a EJB it fails obviously. Why are the EJBs failing to deploy?

#350633 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are still seeing issues.

import the EAR project and its modules. For the EJB projects make sure the runtime is selected correctly. Right click on EJB project > Properties > MyEclipse > Targeted Runtimes. Select the WAS runtime.If the WAS server is not already configured, configure it. Run the EJB Deploy and see how it works.

Please try these steps in a new workspace and send us the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further.

If possible, please create a sample project which will fail the same way your project does and send it or send us all the .* files to help us replicate the issue at our end.

#350660 Reply

shookie10

Here is the contents of the .log file in the new workspace.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy 4 0 2014-07-27 11:45:17.288
    !MESSAGE EJB deploy failed
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy 4 0 2014-07-27 11:45:17.288
    !MESSAGE Cannot create framework
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot create framework
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.Loader.<init>(Loader.java:226)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.framework.EJBDeployFramework.createProxyFramework(EJBDeployFramework.java:156)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.framework.EJBDeployFramework.<init>(EJBDeployFramework.java:70)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.framework.EJBDeployFramework.getFramework(EJBDeployFramework.java:221)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.EJBDeployJob.run(EJBDeployJob.java:349)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot start bundles
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.Loader.<init>(Loader.java:200)
    … 9 more

#350666 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the log information.

Can you please also share the exact version of WAS you are working with? This might be dependent on the WAS version. Please share the details to help us investigate further.

#350689 Reply

shookie10

Version: 7.0.0.29
    Build id: cf291321.01

#350707 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details. The dev team is investigating the issue and the fix will be out ASAP.
    I will let you know once the issue is fixed.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

#350711 Reply

shookie10

Thanks Swapna,

Please let me know as soon as it is fixed.

#350716 Reply

shookie10

Swapna, also is there any ETA on when this will be fixed?

#350723 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

The issue is already fixed. The fix will be out with our next update due for release this week. I will let you know once the update is out.

#350813 Reply

shookie10

Swapna, has this issue been fixed yet? I just updated MyEclipse with the latest 2015 update which has a date of 7-30-2014 but I am still seeing some issues. When I run the EJB Deploy it looks like it will run ok until the very end when it does the RMIC. Here is an error that I am getting.

EJB deploy failed
    Error while processing project xxx_ejb: com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: RMIC Command returns RC = xxx_ejb. The problems which stopped RMIC are displayed, and have also been recorded in the .log file in error: Class com.package.ejb.EJSRemoteStatelessWorkQueueService_f4974144 not found.
    error: Class com.package.ejb.EJSRemoteStatelessWorkQueueServiceHome_f4974144 not found.

Has the fix been provided yet?

#350824 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are still seeing issues. The issue is fixed and the EJB Deploy works fine at our end.

I am afraid this looks like a project specific issue. Is it possible for you to share the .* files of the project? Or prepare a sample project which exhibits this issue and send it to help us replicate the issue at our end?

Also delete the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and send us the .log file as well to help us investigate further.

#350845 Reply

shookie10

Swapna,

I have created a new workspace and tried the EJB Deploy again. I am still seeing the same issue. I have attached the workspace .metadata/.log file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #350852 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the log file. There is a recurring error about the MANIFEST.MF file in the log file.

com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Cannot find the file C:\Workspaces\MEB2015CI\WCS-Trunk-Test1\webcapture_ear\target\m2e-jee\ear-resources\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF in the file system. Make sure the file exists and try deployment again

1. Can you please let us know if you have tried to fix the error? If yes, then what exactly did you do?

2. Please refresh the project and see if it fixes the issue.

3. If you are still seeing issues, clear the contents of the .log file, run EJB Deploy on the EJB project instead of the EAR and send us the .log file.

4. Please attach the project or prepare a sample project which exhibits the issue and send it to help us replicate the issue at our end.

Let us know how it works for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Blue 2014 – Maven – Run EJB Deploy Failing

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in