facebook

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench – Websphere9 status shows stopped

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gkonduru736
    Participant

Hello,

When I try to start was9 in run/dubug mode from myEclipse, server starts fine in windows services but myeclipse status shows stopped.

MyEclipse return error “Server WebSphere Application Server 9.0 at localhost failed to start.”
    was9 startServer log shows
    ADMU3000I: Server server1 open for e-business; process id is 2020
    WindowsServic 3 inputRec == Successfully started service.
    WindowsServic 1 retCode from childProcess.waitFor() is 0
    WindowsServic I ADMU7714I: WASService command for server server1 completed successfully.
    WindowsServic 3 — interrupt the thread that is collecting stdout
    WindowsServic 3 exitCode = 0
    WindowsServic 3 readAndDisplayServiceLogFile(), caught InterruptedException
    WindowsServic < doWASServiceAction Exit

I verified the below,
    I am using Windows 10 Enterprise.
    1. IPC and SOAP ports are open and they show started
    2. was9 runtime environment shows IPC option is selected.
    3. was9 configuration – timeout increased to 5000
    4. was9 runtime configuration – was9 jre is selected
    5. I installed was9 thin client and restarted myeclipse and computer.
    6. I tried reinstall was9 and created multiple workspaces but no change in the result.

Appreciate if you could give me some clue to fix this issue.

Thanks,
    Raju.

#681872 Reply

support-swapna

Raju,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with Websphere support.

Can you please give us some more details?
    1. If the Websphere connector is correctly configured, then MyEclipse will detect the running server and update the status in the Servers view. Do you see the status as running when you start the Websphere server outside of MyEclipse?
    2. Try to start MyEclipse as administrator and check if the server starts fine. Right click on the myeclipse.exe file located in the MyEclipse installation folder and select ‘Run as administrator’.
    3. About WAS 9 thin client, is this something you have installed to MyEclipse or the Websphere installation?
    4. Please share the MyEclipse version details from Help > About MyEclipse section along with the exact version of WAS 9. Also share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us check if any errors are logged. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#681876 Reply

gkonduru736
    Participant

Hello Swapna,
    Thank you for quick response. Please see my inline answers below.
    1. If the Websphere connector is correctly configured, then MyEclipse will detect the running server and update the status in the Servers view. Do you see the status as running when you start the Websphere server outside of MyEclipse?
    Raju: When I start Websphere application server V9.0 from myEclipse, server starts fine and I am able to install/uninstall from administrative console. I can see sever is running in windows services. I can start the server out side eclipse too. May I know where to check Websphere connector is correctly configured?
    2. Try to start MyEclipse as administrator and check if the server starts fine. Right click on the myeclipse.exe file located in the MyEclipse installation folder and select ‘Run as administrator’.
    Raju: I ran myeclipse.exe as an administrator, observed same issue.
    3. About WAS 9 thin client, is this something you have installed to MyEclipse or the Websphere installation?
    Raju: Websphere installation. I read this from https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2015-websphere-8-5-5-status-issue/
    4. Please share the MyEclipse version details from Help > About MyEclipse section along with the exact version of WAS 9. Also share the .log file
    located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us check if any errors are logged. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.
    Raju: Websphere application server V9.0, MyEclipse enterprise Workbench Version: 2022.1.0, build id: 16.0.0.20220324
    myEclipse .log file attached

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by gkonduru736.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #681890 Reply

support-swapna

Raju,

Thank you for the details and the log file.
    Can you please check if the solution discussed here helps fix the problem?
    The java.security file can be found in the MyEclipse installation folder/plugins/com.genuitec.myeclipse.legacy_14.0.0.20220202-0202/java.security. You should add those entries to the java.security file and restart MyEclipse.

If the above suggestion does not help, then please share the latest .log file once again to help us get the fresh error details.

Hope this helps. Do let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#681893 Reply

gkonduru736
    Participant

Hello Swapna,

Thanks you for the suggestions.
    I have added the below to java.security file and getting the same error. .log file in my workspace shows the same error as the previous one. I am unable to login to genuitec.com from client m/c, keep getting verification required error hence unable to upload .log file.
    ssl.SocketFactory.provider=
    ssl.ServerSocketFactory.provider=

Appreciate your help.

#681900 Reply

support-swapna

Raju,

Can you please check if the below steps help?

1. Close the Servers view and shut down MyEclipse IDE.
    2. Open the Windows Services and if Websphere is running, then stop it and set the Websphere startup type to Manual or disabled.
    3. Start MyEclipse, open the Servers view and start the server to see if it works.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#681903 Reply

gkonduru736
    Participant

Swapna,

I tried all 3 options, and no change in the result.
    I am still getting the same error:
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Cannot create websphere admin object
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory.createWebSphereAdminClientProxy(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:108)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory.access$0(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:84)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory$1.run(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:44)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.internal.WebSphereAdminThread.run(WebSphereAdminThread.java:55)
    Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: SHA-256 digest error for com/ibm/websphere/ssl/protocol/SSLSocketFactory.class

#681919 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Raju,

After taking a closer look at this exception, it seems like there may be something wrong with the WAS installation, with a JAR signature being either corrupt or something our IDE is not able to validate. Can you please share the exact version number of WAS 9 you are using? You can attach the output of the versioninfo.bat program you will find in the server’s bin directory.

Could you also clarify if you’ve installed any fix packs for this server – which ones?

You mentioned the server is using was9 JRE – can you share more details on the exact version and implementation of this JRE? (java -version output would be great)

Thanks!

#681922 Reply

gkonduru736
    Participant

Hello Brian,

Thank you for looking into my issue.

Was9. Java version 1.8.0_91
    Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b15)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.91-b15, mixed mode)

WAS9 version:
    WVER0012I: VersionInfo reporter version 1.15.1.48, dated 2/8/12

Was 9 packages installed:
    IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8. Version 8.0.7.5 (8.0.7005.20220308_0733)
    IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment Version 9.0.5.11 (9.0.5.11.20220222_1524)
    Fixes:
    9.0.5.11-WS-WAS-IFPH44602 Version 9.0.5011.20220323_0734(9.0.5011.20220323_0734)
    Features: Stand-alone thin clients and resource adapters

Appreciate your help.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by gkonduru736.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench – Websphere9 status shows stopped

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in