facebook

Myeclipse takes ages to start

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

afxgroup
    Participant

Hi,
    MyEclipse takes a lot of time to start. If i take a look at log file thare are a lot of strange errors.
    I’ve also deleted the metadata folder and myeclise has recreated it but with same problem.

Attached the log file.
    Can you check please what is wrong?

#611923 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

Log file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #611925 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing a slow start. There appears to be some issue with the Maven plugins in your installation – I have a few questions before we investigate deeper.

1) When you say “long time to start”, do you mean it take a long time for the workbench to appear? Or does it take a long time for jobs to finish running after the workbench starts. If it is the latter, what jobs do you see running when the workbench starts?
    2) Did this problem suddenly start occurring, or have you always had to deal with a slow start?
    3) Is this delay only the first time you start MyEclipse in a Windows session? So if it starts, then you shut it down, and then start it again – does it take the same amount of time, or does it start in an acceptable amount of time?
    4) Can you try starting with an empty workspace as a test, any difference in startup performance?

#611926 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

Hi,
    I mean workbench to appear. And it happens every time. Even if i close and reopen it. It takes 2-3 minutes to appear and also after workbench appear is slow because (i suppose) it find that errors in log file.
    With an empty workspace there are no problem

#611927 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for the clarifications. Can you take a few thread dumps when MyEclipse is starting, at different points before the workbench starts and attach them here? That will show us what is running during this period.

To take a thread dump, please execute a command similar to the following:

jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. And of course, please redirect to a new file each time you take the dump to avoid the data being overwritten.

Thanks!

#612110 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Has the latest release made any difference to this behavior? If not, mind sharing the dumps I requested in my previous reply? Thanks!

#612133 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

Yes this version seems slightly faster and i have no more slowness at start

#612158 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glad to hear that, thank you for letting us know!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Myeclipse takes ages to start

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in