facebook

MyEclipse – UI pane is getting freezed on the screen

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

aralgundkar
    Participant

I have been using below software version.
    Version: CI 2018.12.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20181217

It has been very bad experience that one of the pane of MyEclipse just freeze on the UI and there is no way for user to remove that. Only way to remove it is to restart. Is any solution to this problem ? See attached image for more about the problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #641318 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
    The latest version of MyEclipse is 2019.12.5. I recommend you update to the latest version from Help > Check for Updates and see if it helps.

If the issue persists even with the latest version, then please give us some more details :

1. From the screenshot, it looks like the Outline view is freezing. Is the file which is currently active in the editor very large? Approximately how many lines?
    2. Is the problem specific to one workspace? Do you see it in a new workspace as well?
    3. When exactly is it freezing? Is it during editing or saving the files?
    4. Does the issue happen only when you apply a DevStyle theme? Try switching to a non DevStyle theme from Window > Preferences > General > Appearance and check if the issue persists.
    5. Please share with us the .log file located in the workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here) for further investigation.
    6. Please send us 3-4 thread dumps when MyEclipse freezes. It would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period of freeze, and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#641800 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Just checking – were you able to update to the latest MyEclipse release? Do you still see the reported issue with UI pane?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#641803 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Thanks Swapna for tracking this.

I have updated the IDE to below –

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: CI 2019.4.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20190403

Looks like issue has been resolved with that. Its been 2 days and no sign of freezing window.

Thanks again and have a great day.
    – Abhijeet

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by aralgundkar. Reason: typo
    #641809 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Glad that the update helps. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#657768 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Hi Team,

Looks like this issue has not been fixed completely. I am seeing this again. Below is my current application version-

See if you have permanent fix. I don’t want to restart IDE again and again.

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhijeet

Attachments:
    #657769 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Hi Team,

Looks like this issue has not been fixed completely. I am seeing this again. Below is my current application version-

See if you have permanent fix. I don’t want to restart IDE again and again.

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhijeet

Attachments:
    #657796 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Sorry that you are still seeing this issue.

Are you working with DevStyle theme? If you are working with DevStyle theme, then please switch to non DevStyle theme from Window > Preferences > General > Appearance and see if it helps.

If you are still seeing the problem, then please share with us some more details :

1. When exactly is it freezing? Is the freeze happening after working for longer periods with MyEclipse?
    2. Do you see this problem with all workspaces or in only a particular workspace?
    3. Please send us 3-4 thread dumps when MyEclipse freezes. It would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period of freeze, and attach those files here.
    4. Please also share with us the .log file located in the workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here) for further investigation.

P.S : We are going to release an updated version of MyEclipse, MyEclipse 2020 in this week. You can take that update and check if the issue still persists.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#667999 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Team,

This issue is still persist in the application. Don’t know if you have consider to reproduce it or fix it. It’s very frustrating for me to restart MyEclipse whenever it happens.

Attachments:
    #668024 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Sorry that you are still seeing this issue. We could not replicate the issue at our end.
    I am assuming you are working with the latest MyEclipse 2020.9.16 release. If no, then please update via Help > Check for Updates.

For further investigation, please share with us the details I requested in my previous responses on this thread along with the OS and version details.
    Also let us know if there are any other third party plugins installed to MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse – UI pane is getting freezed on the screen

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in