facebook

MyEclipse with Primefaces

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

marcosdpetry

Hi,
    I am a developer and I was using pure Eclipse with JSF anf Primefaces.
    I am new in to use the tool MyEclipse. I would like to confirm if the version ‘MyEclipse for Spring’ allows to work whit JSF/Primefaces libraries/ tool bar to construct pages using this framework (Primefaces).
    Thank you
    Hugs
    Marcos Petry

#339115 Reply

Marcos,

Yes, MyEclipse for Spring allows you to work with JSF/Primefaces. You can follow this tutorial and work with the sample example explained on JSF/Primefaces – http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/ME4STutorialScaffoldingJSF/scaffoldingjsfarticle.html

Let us know if you see any issues.

#339133 Reply

marcosdpetry

Hi, I am using a existing project from Eclipse wich I used JSF 2.0, and Primefaces 3.3 into MyEclipseSpring 10.6.

So , I had imported this project to MyEclipse. I did not used the example ‘scaffolding project’ but I read it to see how use MyEclipse with this features ( Jsf and primefaces). I dont intend to use nothing from SpringFramework at my project, so, the step 6 is not necessary for me.
    At the ittem 6.11 (Runtime Dependencies) appear a screen with the Primefaces 2.1 dependecies.

In the libraries folder of my project, there were already the libs from JSF2.0 and Primefaces 3.3.

According the Scaffolding project,, it is necessary ‘add JSF capabilites’ in my project
    But, after this, must I remove the pre existing JSF2 libs from the libs folder to avoid existing two libs for JSF2?

So, I need to change the version of Primefaces… I follow the steps that I found at this link, about to change the version of Primefaces existing in MyEclipseSpring for a new version of Primefaces.
    (https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/how-to-upgrade-version-of-primefaces/)

According this article, I must remove the package of Primefaces 2.1 pre existing in MyEclipse , and manually add the libraries Primefaces 3.3, as well as the libraries of JSF (using add external jars). I did it.

But, with all this done, the JSF visual editor is not working. When I open a xhtml file, or when I choose “open with JSF editor” the palletes from JSF editor does not appear also the design mode;
    THis problem can be because my system and java version is 64 bits ( I read something in this forum, or this problem is already resolved?)

Could you help me?
    Thank u a lot.
    Marcos Petry

#339138 Reply

marcosdpetry

No more is needed Reply this doubt. I installed the 32 bit version and JSF editor and palettes are working.
    However, the components of Primefaces not appear correctly in the MyEclipse Web Browser as shown in the example (item 8 – figures with components) of Article so as not appear correctly in the Design tab of the JSF editor.
    Do you have any suggestions?

#339152 Reply

Marcos,

the components of Primefaces not appear correctly in the MyEclipse Web Browser as shown in the example (item 8 – figures with components) of Article so as not appear correctly in the Design tab of the JSF editor.

Sorry, your question is not clear ? Can you please be more clear on this ? If possible, please attach the screenshots to help us visualise the issue you are facing ?

#354087 Reply

amir55
    Participant

hi all

I just could not find the example of promefaces in the link you provided above

thanks

Amir

#354088 Reply

amir55
    Participant

sorry

i forgot to click notify also if you know nice sources of tutorials on primefaces.

I am very good at JSF but I need to use better graphics so someone suggested primefaces. Is isright to spend months of learning it ?

please advise

Amir

#354094 Reply

amir55
    Participant

hi dear sir/madam

I just could not find in next link any mention to jsf primefaces as advised by your officer

http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/ME4STutorialScaffoldingJSF/scaffoldingjsfarticle.html

all I want simple hello world in primefaces

take care

Amir

#354096 Reply

support-swapna

Amir,

Here is the tutorial for Scaffolding JSF/PrimeFaces and Spring.

Here are some links which might help you :

http://www.javabeat.net/primefaces-hello-world-example/
    http://www.mkyong.com/jsf2/primefaces/primefaces-hello-world-example/

I suggest you check on development forums for help with development related queries.

#354112 Reply

amir55
    Participant

hi dear

I do thank but I do ask for any simple example of primefaces on MyEclipse with out database i.e no scaffoling.

like hello world. I found many using eclipse which is not the same if so then why do we pay lots for MyEclipse for Spring IDE.

surly we expect MyEclipse to match and more with eclipse.

I do not want to import any from eclipse as I like how MyEclipse is easy to use when creating a project from start.

please send me steps of creating jsf primefaces on MyEclipse and please run it on JBoss 7 if you may.

again thanks a lot

Amir

#354114 Reply

amir55
    Participant

hi dear

1 – I found many examples running jsf primefaces on jboss and eclipse but it requires installing JBOSS TOOLS on Eclipse.

2 – My question is if MyEclipse for Spring has all tools of Jboss already built as all in one package or I must install.

3 – if so how to do it in version 2014 IDE?

4 – alternatively you may tell me how to build simplest app to run on JBoss 7 without database.

5 – as for scaffolding tell me how to build it from Java as I tried but it could find my bean in src package

6 – when is IDE 2015 is be out?

take care with best wishes

Amir

#354130 Reply

support-swapna

Amir,

MyEclipse comes packaged with some of the JBoss Tools like JSF,Hibernate,Cordova etc. If you try to install JBoss Tools plugin then you might see dependency errors due to the already existing support for some of the features.

For example projects, please look up on the web for tutorials and you should be able to create them in MyEclipse following the examples.

Your query about scaffolding from java is not clear to me. Please elaborate.

MyEclipse 2015 is already out. Please download it from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

If you want a GA release, please install MyEclipse 2015 Stable 1.0. The Continuous Integration Stream is almost GA and stable. If you are comfortable working with the CI stream, please install MyEclipse 2015 CI 12.

#354132 Reply

amir55
    Participant

dear Swapna

thanks a lot but let me respond

1 – as for MYEclipse 2015 is not what I mean which MyEclipse for spring 2015 if out yet.

2 – as for scaffolding I mean you have three artifacts database, JPA and java. How to create scaffolding from java. I need this to see how you add jsf primefaces to the project.

3 – there is not on Google any example simple running jsf promefaces on MYEclipse like hello world on JBOSS not from database.

there are many on eclipse with JBoss but not MyEclipse. the examples require JBoss tolls to install which you do not recommend for confliction .so what to do?

I suggest you provide a video or text library to members, like me, along with subscription code or at least a link to them if public. You have very few examples on demand unfortunately

so I do request from you a simple hello world jsf primefaces example to run on JBOSS 7 with my utmost gratitude

thanks a lot in advance

Amir

#354137 Reply

support-swapna

Amir,

MyEclipse 2015 is a unified product. The features are activated as per your license. If you apply the Spring license on MyEclipse 2015, you will have access to the Spring features.

Some more examples are in MyEclipse Learning Center : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/

For Scaffolding from Java Beans, please check this tutorial : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/spring/myeclipse-for-spring-reference/

Hope this helps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse with Primefaces

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in