facebook

No Typescript code completion in HTML-Editor for projects with Angular 6

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

degoedke
    Participant

We started a project in the Angular IDE with Angular 5.
    Now we had to update the project to Angular 6 and now we won’t get any typescript code suggestions.
    We tried it on a new Angular 6 project and still have the same problem.

Our installation and software details:

Angular Version: 6.0.3
    Angular CLI Version: 6.0.8
    Node.js Version of the project: 8.11.1
    Typescript Version 2.7.2

Other installation details are here!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by degoedke.
    #597834 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Sorry you’re seeing this problem. I’ve tried to replicate your environment and software versions but don’t see the problem, so I may not be replicating your environment properly. Could you provide more details to help us replicate?

1. Please clear the error log, then try the HTML editor again. Export the error log from the Error Log view to a text file and attach it to your reply.
    2. Which OS and version are you using?
    3. Please export the new project you created (without the node_modules folder) to a zip file and attach it here. Was the new project also using the same versions of software you mentioned? Which version of npm was used?
    4. Do you only see the problem with Angular 6 projects?
    5. Do you see any problems in the TypeScript editor, with .ts files?

With this information we can hopefully sort this out quickly.

#599045 Reply

degoedke
    Participant

Hi!

Sorry for the late response:

1. When clearing the log and trying the editor again, I wont get any entries in my error log. But on startup my error log will be filled. I attached it here.
    2. I am using Windows 10 Pro x64
    3. I 7zipped you a new project created with the same software-versions as mentioned before. I uploaded it here. I am using NPM 6.5.1.
    4. Yes, just with Angular 6 Projects
    5. No, just with the HTML-Editor. No Suggestions will be shown, no Angular specific suggestions and no HTML specific suggestions.

I also attached the files here! 🙂
    Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599078 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details and the project files. I could replicate the problem with the template files at my end using your project files.

I checked with CodeMix HTML editor and I see the content assist working fine for Angular 6 template files. If possible, can you please try CodeMix, our new product which will give you better development experience for existing tech like HTML, CSS, JS and Angular?

Here is the FAQ with more details about the improvements CodeMix brings to the web development space : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/use-codemix-to-improve-your-angular-dev-experience-right-now/

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#599356 Reply

degoedke
    Participant

Hi!
    Thanks for your help!
    We tried to get around CodeMix, because it is way to restrictive while linting.
    Is there a way to configure CodeMix so, that it wont show errors for linting, but rather warnings?
    (Just like Angular IDE did for e.g. the “trailing-whitespaces”)
    We think it is way to restrictive in these regards.
    And errors are shown in the node-modules-Folder. Is there any way to exclude it from the validation?

If we could configure it to just show warnings, and to not validate the node-modules-folder this would be a better experience.

Thank you for your help!

#599379 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

CodeMix does not validate the node_modules folder, and the errors might possibly coming from some other validators. We do try to disable some validators though, so if you can send us the exact error message along with the type that can be seen in the Markers view, that will help us check further.

Severities (warning/error) can be specified at rules level in tslint.json and those would be respected by the IDE.

Example :

"no-var-keyword": {
           "severity": "warning"
        },

Alternatively, you can set the CodeMix’s property : tslint.alwaysShowRuleFailuresAsWarnings to true and it will always show rule failures as warnings irrespective of the severity settings in the tslint.json. Go to Window > Preferences > CodeMix > Settings > User Settings, copy/paste the above property in the filter box, change the value to true and click ‘Apply and Close’.

Please also let us know if you are concerned about other type of errors. If possible, please share with us a screenshot of the errors to help us investigate further.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: No Typescript code completion in HTML-Editor for projects with Angular 6

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in