facebook

Node.js continues to run after AngularCLI server shutdown

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sbelt
    Participant

I was attempting to start an angular app by using the Servers tab -> right-click app -> start server, but got an error that the port was already in use. I open my Windows Task Manager and I find the Node.js Server process is running. I kill the process, and now my server runs. But…

Again using the Servers tab, I shutdown the server, and the UI reflects that the server is ‘stopped’. However, in the Windows Task Manager, again Node.js is still running, and I cannot restart my server until I manually kill the process. I also notice that Terminal+ had much to say when the server starts, but says nothing when I Stop the server – I do not know if that is relevant or not. Also, I have used the ‘Launch Configuration Properties’ to use port 4201 for this server.

My question is, is there a setting somewhere I need to update so that webclipse can stop the node.js processes it has started?

Thanks!

PS – Help -> Webclipse -> Check for Updates says that I am running the latest version.

#529962 Reply

support-swapna

sbelt,

The problem with Node.js not terminating when angular server is stopped is a known issue and a bug is already filed for the dev team to work on it.

Can you please clarify if setting the server to start on a different port is also not working? Right click on the angular server in the Servers view and select ‘Properties’. Modify the port to a different value and apply the changes. Now try starting the server from the Servers view.

We will keep you posted about the fix schedule for Node.js problem.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#529983 Reply

sbelt
    Participant

In case it was missied in my original post, I had already changed the port number when I found this problem. None the less, I followed your instructions and changed the port to 4210 – same (mis)behavior and symptoms.

Sorry I missed that this was a known issue – FWIW, I did search the forum for this issue before creating a new post. If there is any other test I could try to help you diagnose this issue, just let me know.

Thanks!
    Steve B.

#530208 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

Thank you for the clarification. The dev team is looking into it.
    We will let you know once the fix is out.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#536866 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

The issue with Node.js process not terminating properly is fixed in our latest release, 2017 CI 8.
    Go to Help > Webclipse > Check for Updates and update to CI 8.

Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Node.js continues to run after AngularCLI server shutdown

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in