facebook

Not able to see the FindBugs Option

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nttdataram
    Participant

Hi Team,

I am trying to add the the FindBugs Plugin in myeclipse10.5 version and i got successfully added into the softwares list but the option is not available anywhere else in the IDE. could you please let me know how to grab it to use in my project. Please find the screen shot for your reference.

Thanks
    Ram

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #484402 Reply

support-swapna

Ram,

Can you please clarify if you could successfully install the FindBugs plugin from the MyEclipse Configuration Center in MyEclipse 10.5? Did you get a prompt to restart the IDE to complete the plugin installation?

FindBugs requires Java 1.7, while MyEclipse 10.5 runs with Java 6 by default. If you received the message to restart the IDE then the plugin is correctly installed but it won’t activate because of the unfulfilled Java 7 requirement.

What you can do is edit the myeclipse.ini file (make a copy first) and change the -vm argument such that it points to a jvm.dll file (or a javaw.exe file) from a Java 1.7 installation instead of the Java 1.6 installation. Please note that this could result in your workspace default JRE changing from Java 1.6 to Java 1.7, depending on your existing settings, especially if you had not manually configured a workspace JRE here (all your projects which use the *default* JRE would then be compiled with the Java 7 compiler). You should be able to go to the JRE preference page Window > Preferences > Java > installed JREs and correct it if required.

As mentioned in my previous response to you, versions earlier than MyEclipse 2014 are no longer fully supported. You are using a dated version of MyEclipse, something that was released nearly 4 years ago, and beyond that – it’s a milestone version, and not the GA release (10.7.1) .

I strongly recommend you update to one of our latest releases, MyEclipse 2015, based on Eclipse Luna or MyEclipse 2016, based on Eclipse Mars.

You can download the latest installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

Let us know if you see any issues. We will be glad to help you get started with a newer release of MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Not able to see the FindBugs Option

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in