facebook

Nothing but problems with ME 9.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

In our meeting, Salvator was able to very easily demonstrate the problem he was running into. It appears that in his case, the JavaScript validators were still running amok even if the JavaScript mode described earlier was set to “Turn Off”.

1) To recover from the memory issues here, we had to turn both the “Client-side Javascript” and the “HTML Syntax Validator” off; other validators were kept on with no significant degradation in performance.
    2) For 9.1.1 (and 10) we are looking at two fixes in this department:
    a) Checking the validators themselves to see why they are consuming so much memory and if this is easily fixable.
    b) Making sure the “Turn off” mode which is our performance fail-safe in this department actually does turn off JS completely.

I will keep this thread posted with updates; sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thanks once again to Salvatore who helped track down the problem with the web-meeting.

#319731 Reply

Pete Helgren
    Participant

Thanks Brian and Salvator! You may want to add some instruction on *how* to turn off the “Client-side Javascript” and the “HTML Syntax Validator”. I am having a little trouble finding those settings myself…..

#319769 Reply

tpsalvatore

Hi phelgrin,
    just open myeclipse preferences and enter validation inside the top left search box.

Then in the validation section, you will find the checkboxes to disable these features.
    I suggest you (as Brian pointed out) that is better to restart myeclipse to be sure the new settings are applied

Hope that Helps,
    Cheers,
    Salvatore

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Nothing but problems with ME 9.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in