facebook

NPE from WorkspaceTracker

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dproviden
    Participant

Hi there,

Been having a recurring problem where Eclipse fails to load my workspace.

Thus far, I’ve worked around it by launching eclipse with -clearPersistedState, but the issue eventually comes back.

Here’s what I see in the logs:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2020-04-22 14:34:51.042
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.workspace.WorkspaceTracker.lambda$0(WorkspaceTracker.java:146)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3897)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3527)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.release(Display.java:3579)
            at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.dispose(Device.java:276)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:166)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2020-04-22 14:34:51.048
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.util.PlatformUIUtil.getActivePage(PlatformUIUtil.java:68)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.workspace.WorkspaceTracker.lambda$1(WorkspaceTracker.java:193)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:166)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2020-04-22 14:34:51.193
    !MESSAGE An internal error has occurred.
    !STACK 0
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui.notice.DevStyleNoticeControl.refresh(DevStyleNoticeControl.java:38)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui.notice.NoticeService$1.runInUIThread(NoticeService.java:66)
            at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob.lambda$0(UIJob.java:95)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2020-04-22 14:34:51.212
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Init AllInOneWorkbenchListener".
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Device is disposed
            at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4723)
            at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4638)
            at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4609)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.error(Display.java:1166)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.asyncExec(Display.java:683)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ui.util.AllInOneWorkbenchListener$1.run(AllInOneWorkbenchListener.java:56)
            at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

See attachment for full log.

I’ve tried disabling the DevStyle startup experience (useNewStartupDialog=false) and straight up ripping out all the DevStyle-related items from my Eclipse installation’s plugin directory (which eliminates the above errors, but leads to others that are currently beyond me to understand).

I’ll probably try a fresh install of Eclipse with out DevStyle for the moment, but putting this post out there in the hopes that this log means something to someone else, and maybe I can get back to using this great plugin again. ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #655022 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! By looking at the logs, it is failing to get the Eclipse window. Which only indicates something is preventing the eclipse workbench to be properly initialized and thus affecting DevStyle later when it tries to activate.

It would be useful to know what other plugins you have installed. Also, when did this start to happen?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#655038 Reply

dproviden
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Aaron!

I’ve attached a screenshot of my plugins (unless you meant the super-detailed version).

Hard to say when it all started – I’ve had the workspace-wont-load issue multiple times over the last year or so. Can’t vouch that it was the same error every time though.

The last time I complained to my team about Eclipse not starting was April 2 ? and then of course it happened again yesterday, April 22.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by dproviden.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #655820 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I have filed a bug report for the dev team to investigate this further.
    We will keep you posted about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: NPE from WorkspaceTracker

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in