facebook

NullPointerException when cleaning project and Could not load main class

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ronwer
    Participant

When i try to “Clean” the project via Menu-Project-Clean I get the following error:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder ‘Java Builder’ on project ‘tylerefm’.
    java.lang.NullPointerException

And if i try to run a program i get the error:
    Error: Could not find or load main class xxxx

If I right-click on a file in the Package Explorer, MyEclipse hangs for a couple minutes with (Not Responding).

This is a large existing project that I’ve been working in for years and this is a new problem. Installation details in attached file.

Thank you,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #543215 Reply

support-swapna

ronwar,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Did the project ever work fine in MyEclipse 2017 CI 8? Are you seeing this problem right from the time you upgraded to MyEclipse 2017 CI 8 or did it break after working fine for some time with 2017 CI 8?

2. Can you please send us the workspace log file to help us investigate further? In MyEclipse, Error Log view, click the icon to ‘Export Log’ and send it.

3. Also share with us more details about the type of project, the MyEclipse version it is created with, the steps you followed to import it to 2017 CI 8, whether you migrated it when prompted for migration and the steps you are following to run it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#543437 Reply

ronwer
    Participant

swapna,

thank you for responding.

Update: I’ve resolved the build error by right clicking on the project in the project explorer and clicking refresh. The (Not Responding) issue when I right-click on files in the project explorer seems to be intermittent. It is not happening at the moment.

1. The “error occurred during the build” error only occurred after working for some time with 2017 CI 8. The “Not Responding” issue started prior to 2017 CI 8.

2. error log is attached

3. The project is a large web application consisting of java, jsp and xml files. We’ve been using MyEclipse for many years so I don’t remember the initial version used. For this current PC the project would have been created by importing the project via SVN. I do not recall any prompts to migrate when I recently upgraded to CI 8.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: NullPointerException when cleaning project and Could not load main class

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in