facebook

OC4J debugging

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

So, JSP debugging doesn’t seem to work (see this thread), I was hoping that I could at least debug my actual Java code. Sadly that doesn’t seem possible either. I’ve had the application deployed in exploded format and as a WAR (wrapped in an EAR). In both cases I seem to be unable to hit any breakpoints. I’ve got OC4J running in debug mode, but no go. Are there any suggestions as to how I can get this working? (And the JSP debugging, that’d also be nice!)

#247233 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nihilist,
    Unfortunately on our end we cannot reproduce the “debugging not working”, with that flag set and default installs of everything, debugging does infact work. Are you using customized version of OC4J or anything like that?

#247236 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

As far as I know, no. I just extracted the oc4j standalone, created the oc4jadmin password, and voila.

I don’t have to set it up as remote debugging, or something like that, do I? I’m just using the OAS app server profile that comes with ME.

#247238 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No you shouldn’t need to setup remote debugging, but you do need to make that setting from that previous thread, I’m guessing you did that right?

Also note that the version we tested was the newest one IIRC.

#247254 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

For JSP debugging? Yes, I tried that. Is there some setting I need to enable to debug Struts actions?

#247255 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No, OC4J 10.1.x (we tested with 10.1.3 I believe) should support JSR-45 debugging. What version are you using?

#247259 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

10.1.3, latest version available from their website. Cannot debug anything, currently. Highly frustrating, given the fact that things aren’t happening the way they are expected, and I cannot find out why. Well, I can go and put in a whole bunch of dump statements, but that strikes me as somewhat inefficient. 🙂

#247304 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

So… Nothing? I shold stop using OC4J?

#247305 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the delay, I had downloaded Oracle OC4j 10.1.3 and am trying to farmiliarize myself with it to either confirm your issues or try and help you with a walkthrough, I’ll followup shortly.

#247307 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

Sounds good, thanks. 🙂

#247331 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok I can get class debugging out of the box with a default oc4j install without changing anything, but JSP debugging doesn’t want to work. I’m going to send this back to the dev team and see what we can find.

#247332 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok I take that back. Interestingly enough, even though you set the 2 “Debug” parameters in the JSP Parameters config page (Emit debug information, and Debug Mode true), debugging in JSPs won’t work until you manually insert the argument Scott gave in the thread referenced above.

However, I am now getting “Source not found” errors even though my JSP break points are being hit. Still digging…

#247375 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

Thanks for all the help. I’ve been using the Web Tools project, but it isn’t nearly as polished as ME.

#269335 Reply

potterd64

Was this ever resolved? I am currently runnung OC4J 10.1.3.2.0, It’s taken me a day and a half of playing around with MyEclipse and OC4J to get to the point of debugging Java classes. JSP debugging would be the icing on the cake but nothing I’ve tried is working.

#269359 Reply

Riyad Kalla

potterd64,
    Internally I just looked this bug up and it was resolved by the developer as he was unable to reproduce the problem.

What version of MyEclipse are you using? If we can find a reproducable case I’ll re-open the issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: OC4J debugging

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in