facebook

Out of Memory Errors on Windows 7 (64 bit)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ksgetting
    Participant

2 weeks ago I bought a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC and installed MyEclipse (8.6). Starting yesterday, I started getting Java out of memory errors shortly after Starting MyEclipse. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling MyEclispe several times. I have tried using the -clean option. I have tried creating a new workspace. I still keep getting the same errors.

I also just tried to run the uninstall shortcut, but all it does is starts up MyEclipse.

How do I fix this?

Below are some error details from the logs:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 4 2011-02-18 08:12:22.396
    !MESSAGE Background Indexer Crash Recovery
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.HashtableOfObject.<init>(HashtableOfObject.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.HashtableOfObject.rehash(HashtableOfObject.java:139)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.HashtableOfObject.put(HashtableOfObject.java:112)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.index.DiskIndex.copyQueryResults(DiskIndex.java:349)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.index.DiskIndex.mergeWith(DiskIndex.java:522)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.index.Index.save(Index.java:191)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.indexing.IndexManager.saveIndex(IndexManager.java:659)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.indexing.AddJarFileToIndex.execute(AddJarFileToIndex.java:204)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.processing.JobManager.run(JobManager.java:404)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 4 2011-02-18 08:13:51.466
    !STACK 0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2011-02-18 08:15:47.900
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Java indexing… 68 files to index (C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\lib\rt.jar)”.
    !STACK 0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 4 2011-02-18 08:16:26.611
    !STACK 0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2011-02-18 08:16:35.997
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Java indexing… 10 files to index (C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\lib\rt.jar)”.
    !STACK 0

—————————————————————-
    Installation Details:
    *** Date:
    Friday, February 18, 2011 8:34:56 AM CST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

#314626 Reply

ksgetting
    Participant

This is getting ridiculous. Every time I exit/save a workspace, it appears to get corrupted. I hit all kinds of errors when I try to start up MyEclipse again on the formally saved workspace. I am wasting way too much time on this. And why is it that when I look at a list of installed programs, MyEclipse does not show up?

Is there a special version I need to be installing for Windows 7(64 bit)? I have lost track of how many times I have reinstalled. The install file I last used is called: myeclipse-8.6.1-win32.exe. Shouldn’t there be a 64 bit version? I don’t see any option for downloading a 64 bit version.

#314655 Reply

ksgetting
    Participant

Also noticed this: Whenever I close a workspace, I get the following error (from the” Program Compatibility Assistant”) after the workspace is saved:

This Program might not have installed correctly. If this program didn’t install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.
    Program 7Z Setup SFX
    Publisher Oleg N Scherbakav

Once the error occurs, I have to reinstall the product. Otherwise, I get all of the failures listed above the next time I run MyEclipse. The workspace is not actually corrupted. The MyEclipse install gets corrupted.

#314657 Reply

ksgetting
    Participant

I tried turning off the Program Compatiblity service. It got rid of the message, but the problem still persists.

I tried installing MyEclipse 9 M2 (latest M Build), using the 64 bit install. Same issue (running MyEclipse more than once after an install fails).

The failure starts happening within a few minutes of MyEclipse startup. The first failure message I get (when failure starts) is a pop-up with: MyEclipse has detected less than 5% of the 59MB of Tenured Gen (Heap Memory) space remains. It is strongly recommended that you exit and restart MyEclipse with new virtual machine memory parameters to increase memory. It goes on to list the recommended memory arguments:

-vmargs
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

When I look at the MyEclipse.ini file, those exact settings are already present.

#314680 Reply

ksgetting
    Participant

So it would appear that after the initial run (post-installation), that my vm parms (from MyEclipse.ini) were not being used, for some reason. Not sure why. I added those same parms to the MyEclipse short cuts, as well as to the Installed JRE’s “Default VM Arguments”. And I turned on “Show Heap Status” so I could keep track of the memory during start-up.

I was able to successfully start up MyEclipse a second time (first time that has worked on my Windows 7 PC)!

Thanks for all your help (that was sarcasm – don’t you guys monitor the forums anymore?)!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Out of Memory Errors on Windows 7 (64 bit)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in