facebook

Post an new app

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Kaypoter

Can I post a new app created tru mobione to AppStore without an iMac machine? Just using my dev id?

#344534 Reply

paulD

You will need a mac to upload to the Itunes store as you will need to use Apple’s application up loader, which is only available on a mac. Its not a limitation of Mobione, all windows based app developer software is the same.

However, there are options such as http://www.appstoreuploader.com who will upload your app for a small fee. Or you can find a friend with a mac, its only a couple of minutes job once you get to uploading stage. You can get all the itunes connect blurb done and sort out your profiles without a mac.

Hope that helps

Paul

#344567 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

But do not use Internet Explorer for the Apple website, it will not display correctly, use Firefox.

#349466 Reply

parkstad

@paulD wrote:

You will need a mac to upload to the Itunes store as you will need to use Apple’s application up loader, which is only available on a mac. Its not a limitation of Mobione, all windows based app developer software is the same.

However, there are options such as http://www.appstoreuploader.com who will upload your app for a small fee. Or you can find a friend with a mac, its only a couple of minutes job once you get to uploading stage. You can get all the itunes connect blurb done and sort out your profiles without a mac.

Hope that helps

Paul

But….. http://www.appstoreuploader.com does not answer to any support questions. Since 1 year I’ve tried it, but no reaction…

#349555 Reply

Kyle

I am open for business and happy to answer any support questions for my customers. I did have an issue with my contact form causing those contacts to go unnoticed as of recent but this has been resolved. Please direct any questions or inquiries you may have to mailto:uploads@appstoreuploader.com and I will respond to them as quickly as I can.

Kyle
    AppStoreUploader.com iOS Technical Consultant

#353170 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

while uploading app via appstoreuploader.com, we need to provide app id and version

so i am little confused that what this app id should be?

i builded my app using ME, and on https://build.phonegap.com/apps it showed my uploaded app which had all the details like app id, version etc..

so is this the app id which i have to send? or is it some other id?

because this app id changes on each build…

#353175 Reply

Hi,

The app ID is not the one provided by the Phonegap Build service but the one you set in MyEclipse and on the Apple iTunes Connect.

If you open your projects config.xml file in MyEclispe and make sure essentials is selected this will be the first line, Id;

#353194 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

okay thanks a lot…

had one more question… while making provisioning profiles i had selected wildcard id (*)… so is it okay or should i use something else or should i use explicit id?

can you please give an example… if i am using “mobirupee.id” as app id in phonegap application config then what should be my explicit/wildcard id?

#353200 Reply

Hi,,
    From my understanding Wild cards let you group apps together. I would only use them if you plan to do that. For example, i you create a wildcard like: com.business.* you can use any of the ids like this com.business.myapp, com.business.anewapp, com.business.mygame. I have not used wild cards for pusblished apps, only explicit ones, which I find easier to maintain, though I know a lot of people do use the wildcard format.

#353205 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

okay got it… thanks..

just to confirm.. so if my application id is datetimebuilder.id then my explicit id should also be datetimebuilder.id correct?

and also i got into with another problem… when i use a different phonegap account for building, it doesn’t let me install the app on my device… shows some error like “not a valid signed profile”

#353206 Reply

Yes that should be correct. I always set it up in iTunes first, as this is a lot harder to redo, then match that in the config file.

As long as your profiles are configured this shouldn’t be a problem. I use a couple different accounts with the same profiles without an issue.

#353208 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

i am getting this… when i use a different phonegap account for build…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #353262 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

the app id that i am sending to http://www.appstoreuploader.com should it be just a bundle id or i have to send team id/bundle seed id along with it? which is generated by apple

#353268 Reply

Hi,

If Im not mistaken you need to send them just the Application ID of the app itself.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Post an new app

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in