facebook

Problem trying to add Spring 3.0 schemas

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alaiseca
    Participant

Hi, I’m using Spring 3.0 in a project. When I try to execute Run Validation I see it tries to go to the Internet, slowing down my development. I found out that the Spring 3.0 schemas are not included in MyEclipse, so I tried to add them manually. Unfortunately, for some reason, when I restart MyEclipse, it looses the absolute path I had previously defined for a schema.

For instance, I added this schema:

Location: /Users/alaiseca/opt/java/spring-framework-3.0.2/projects/org.springframework.aop/src/main/resources/org/springframework/aop/config/spring-aop-3.0.xsd
    Key Type: Schema Location
    Key: http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop

If I save this, exit from MyEclipse, restart and go again to edit this User Defined Schema, I see the following message in red:

The specified resource can’t be located: Users/alaiseca/…

The problem is that the initial ‘/’ goes away after restarting MyEclipse. As you can imagine, it’s very annoying having to edit each one of the paths for a User Defined Schema every time I start MyEclipse. Any workaround for this problem?

As additional information, in About MyEclipse, I get:

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.5
    Build id: 8.5-20100319

I’am running on a Mac OS X 10.6.3 with JDK 1.6.0_20

Thanks

#308842 Reply

support-joy

alaiseca,

I have escalated your issue to dev team member. They will get back to you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

#308883 Reply

Brian Fernandes

alaiseca,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Definitely an odd problem with the leading / being removed – I will get that filed for investigation.

1) MyEclipse 8.5 did however include the Spring schemas in the catalog that we shipped and you should not have had to add them manually. If you look at the catalog, do you not see the schemas that you need already listed?
    2) When adding the schema manually, did you choose the file using the “File System” button? As a workaround – placing the files in a dummy project in the workspace and using the “Workspace” button instead might work.
    3) MyEclipse 8.6M1 defined the spring schemas using a new technique. If 8.5 did not work for you, it really should work in 8.6.
    4) How are you referencing the shemas in your XML files? Can you paste a small header here?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Problem trying to add Spring 3.0 schemas

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in