facebook

Problem with javadoc window

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Timur
    Participant

Hi

I went from a dark theme (probably darkest dark) when I installed MyEclipse CI 2018.9.0 the theme was fine for a while but then I wanted to switch back to the more classic theme that we had in the previous version of MyEclipse (a light one). The problem is the javadoc popup window that is all black so it is quite hard to get any help from it when hovering over a method/function or a class. Please see attached screenshot.

Under Preferences>Appearance Enable theming is chosen and theme is Light [Linux], Color and Font theme is Classic Theme.

I have briefly modified the Preferences>Appearance>Colors and Fonts section to be able to see the text against the black background but am not able to have a white or lighter (non-black) background of the javadoc popup window 🙁

Regards,
    Timur

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Timur.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by Timur.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #610100 Reply

support-swapna

Timur,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.
    I ran some quick tests and see the problem when I select ‘Classic Theme’ for Color and Font theme.

While we investigate it further, as a workaround you can either select the ‘Default’ theme for Color and Font theme in the Appearance page or select the ‘Light Gray (Fresh Light)’ as Workbench theme in the Preferences > DevStyle > Color Themes page (see the attached screenshot).

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any issues with the workaround.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    #610103 Reply

Timur
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately the ‘Light Gray (Fresh Light)’ theme did the same with the javadoc window. But when I switched to the Classic theme on Preferences > Appearance page the javadoc popups are now back to a very readable state! 🙂

Hope you are able to figure out what is causing the “blackout” of the javadoc. I really like the opportunity to switch to a theme that might be more suited to my needs (or take one close to it and edit the parts I want differently).

Kind regards,
    Timur

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Timur.
    #610108 Reply

support-swapna

Timur,

Glad that it works now.

Can you please clarify if you have changed the Color and Font theme from ‘Classic’ to a different one?
    Or is it working with the ‘Classic theme’? Please also share your OS and version details to help us investigate the problem.

If possible, please share the screenshots of the Appearance and DevStyle > Color Themes pages to help us get a visual of the current settings.

It looks like there is a known issue with Classic and Reduced Palatte themes as reported by one of the Eclipse users here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45093561/black-background-color-tooltips-in-eclipse-oxygen

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you for reporting it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#610113 Reply

Timur
    Participant

Upon first install of MyEclipse I chose Darkest Dark as the theme, but later I turned off DevStyle (if I recall it correctly it felt a bit sluggish) so I only changed the settings in the General > Appearance page to Light [Linux] and set the Color and Font theme to Classic Theme. That was when the black javadoc window appeared.

I have recreated the steps and attached the following snapshots of my settings:

1. Turn on DevStyle and choose Darkest Dark, save and restart MyEclipse (javadoc window is black, see attached file)
    2. Turn off DevStyle and choose Theme: ‘Light [Linux]’ and Color and Font theme: ‘Classic Theme (current)’ and Apply and close and restart MyEclipse
    3. Javadoc window is still black but rest of MyEclipse is light themed.
    4. Under General > Appearance switch to Theme: ‘Classic’ and Color and Font theme: ‘Default’, apply and close (and restart MyEclipse) and the javadoc window is readable again.

Kind regards,
    Timur

Attachments:
    #610278 Reply

support-swapna

Timur,

Thank you for the detailed steps and the screenshots.
    The issue does not look like a DevStyle problem as I could replicate it on Eclipse install with regular Eclipse light themes without DevStyle. I have filed a bug report with the dev team to investigate if we can fix it with DevStyle.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem with javadoc window

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in