facebook

Problem with server

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi

I have a recurring problem with the live update server with just one of the projects I am working on.

I think this error message is the key to it:

Server ‘org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ide.server’ failed with exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $. ; version: 2.0.7.v20180504-0806

What I see is almost continuous read/write to my hard drive so that everything slows to a crawl.

The project is using node version 13.5 NPM version 6.13.4

If you need to know which version of the CLI I am using you will need to tell me where to find it 🙂

Let me know if need any further info.

Cheers

Richard

#644009 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with CodeMix.

1. Are you seeing the problem with Live Preview when editing the files or with automatic recompiling of the app when saving the files?
    2. Please share with us the steps you are following to help us replicate the issue at our end.
    3. Please also share with us the .log file located in the workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us get complete list of errors. Change the file extension to .txt and attach it here.
    4. You can find the angular/cli version details in the project’s package.json file.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#644014 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

Thanks for the quick response.

It happens when I am editing code – and I think when the engine goes to find eg. a property of an object to autofill it.

It doesn’t happen with other projects I am working on but they are using an older CLI version.

I have been working on this project for about 3 months without a problem – this started about 2 weeks ago.

The CLI version is 8.3.21

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #644016 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Thank you for the details. The attached file is not the workspace log.

What type of files are you editing? Does it happen in all the files in that project or only a particular file type?
    Please share the .log file as requested in my previous response. Change the extension to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#644033 Reply

Richard
    Participant

oops = sorry – more haste less speed!

Here’s the correct one.

It’s the typescript files it seems to happen with.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    #644037 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Thank you for the log. I assume you are working with the latest CodeMix release, CI 2020.2.25. If not, then please go to Help > Check for Updates and follow the wizard to update your installation.

Are you seeing issues with content assist? Do you see a delay on the suggestions to appear or the suggestions do not appear at all? If possible, please attach a gif showing the issue to help us get a visual.

The error in the log doesn’t seem related to your issues. I will ask the dev team to take a look. Alternatively, you can also reach us via Live Chat for a quick diagnosis of the issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#644348 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

I think I am going to assume this was down to one of the files being corrupted. You don’t seem to recognise the issue so that means no one else has reported it – and I am sure they would have done by now.

I have started to rebuild the project and so far no problems – luckily I wasn’t too far into it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Richard

#644382 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

We haven’t been able to replicate the problem at our end.
    If you happen to see the issue again, then please reach us via Live Chat (Help > CodeMix > Live Chat) to help us gather the information and quickly diagnose the problem.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#653082 Reply

lgodiva
    Participant

Hello – I started getting the same error when I try to do a fetch from our repository. It’s not while I’m editing. So Richard, it’s not just you 🙂

I’m attaching a screenshot of the full error.

Attachments:
    #653091 Reply

Brian Fernandes

The AERI (Automated Eclipse Error Reporting) service was retired some time ago by the team that maintained the service (CodeTrails). For a time, it was part of our tooling as well, but we had to discontinue the service as well, and no longer ship it with CodeMix or Angular IDE.

lgodiva, what base Eclipse distribution are you using? I can see from your screenshot that you’re using a pretty old version of Eclipse (4.7) and it’s possible that AERI plugins are still present because it’s part of your base Eclipse install (not something coming from us). This would be a good time to upgrade to a more recent version of Eclipse and you should no longer run into this problem.

Do let us know if we can assist further.

#653093 Reply

lgodiva
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I’m running Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
    Version: Oxygen Release (4.7.0)
    Build id: 20170620-1800

I will look into downloading the current version. Thank you!

#653101 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

Not sure if that’s what caused my issue but I definitely see errors regarding the AERI service in the log.

Sorry for the newby question but how do I update eclipse?

I expected to see an about eclipse option in the help menu but don’t.

Cheers

Richard

#653129 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Upgrading to a newer base version of Eclipse is not possible from within the IDE. You can download the recent version of Eclipse from here : https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/

Install the CodeMix and other third party plugins to the newer version and import your projects from the previous workspace to continue working.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Problem with server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in