facebook

Problem with splash screen loading

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

When i start my ipad app, there is a splash screen for one second, and there is a white screen till the app starts working.

Is there a technical solution for this?
    I tried to find a solution, but could not find.

I tried the app in ipad 2 and new ipad retina, but same rsults for both.

The image size for splash screen is 768 * 1004 , 450 kb

Thank you for any advice

#340236 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Splash screen sizes for the ipad are 2048×1496 Landscape or 1536×2008 Portrait, this may be the problem but I am not confident.

#340240 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Try creating a simple helloworld style app that uses the default mobione app icons. Build and test this app. Does the splash screen display correctly on your device?

#340400 Reply

Thank you for your replies.
    The problem appears when the app is a big file, and not when its a small one.
    I tried the test and its ok, for small size apps (for examble 5mb). I useD the default mobione app icons for the test purposes.
    So the problem is the big app size (25mb).

Its really annoying to see that white screen loading for several seconds.

Any suggestions?

Wayne can you find a solution please?

Thank you all

#340403 Reply

Stu Wade

I found that making the opening screen as simple as possible – just a title a little text and a continue button. Reduces the length of the white flash to a minimum. My first App launched a massive multipage first screen and I had the same problem you are reporting.

Hope this helps.

#340429 Reply

@takis-kar,

Please try setting the Default HTML page architecture to Remote Web Page (AJAX). See http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/docs/designCenterSettings/designCenterSettings.html#html_generation

Let us know how it goes.

#340461 Reply

Dear Octavio,

i tried your solution.
    It works ok but i have problems:
    1. Some scripts are not working
    2. I press the buttons-menu in my app-loading appears- and it delayes opening the menu link.

The same app, but for iphone format, has no problems.
    The problem appears only at the ipad format.

Please i need a solution, because it not looking nice….

P.S. And another question for another app of mine: When i tried to build my app, i saw that the limit was 50mb.
    Is there a problem i exceeded the limit?

Thank you again all.
    Takis

#340486 Reply

Hi,

Can you share details about your environment: mobione version, device details (model and OS). App’s size is 25MB?

>1. Some scripts are not working
    Can you describe an example of what things aren’t working now you changed the Default HTML page architecture

We will probably need to review your project to replicate the issue and understand what’s the problem. Please send it to support at genuitec dot com, use title mobione data from takis-kar. Since your app seems to be a little bit big, use a service like wetransfer.com.

>P.S. And another question for another app of mine: When i tried to build my app, i saw that the limit was 50mb.
    Is there a problem i exceeded the limit?
    At this time 50Mb is the max size of a MobiOne project (all files) that can be uploaded to MobiOne App Center Builder. App Center Builder is a free service that MobiOne integrates. This project size quota is 2X-5X larger than you will find from fee-based online app build services. Typically we find that large projects can be greatly reduced in size by carefully optimizing media such as images, audio and video and selectively hosting and dynamically loading infrequent accessed content from with in your app.

#340543 Reply

Octavio,
    i send the files at the support team.
    The problem is when i press the link loading appears and it delays the opening od the page.
    The google map script isnt working.
    I upload it so you can check.
    Hope we find a solution soon.

Thank you very much for your support
    I appreciate your effort.

Takis

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #340589 Reply

Hi takis-kar,

After reviewing your project we can suggest you a couple things:

1. Convert huge main background image from PNG to JPEG keeping not-very-high compression ratio.
    2. On main page you have several images one over another (and upper one contains semi-transparency – this prevents you to convert PNG to JPEG, because it doesn’t support semi-transparency). You’d better to merge all of them into single image (using any raster picture editor, f.e. Paint.Net http://www.getpaint.net/download.html )

>It works ok but i have problems:
    >1. Some scripts are not working

Can you share an use-case(steps to follow) to replicate one of the problems with scripts not working.

#340646 Reply

Thank you for the quick reply

i tried your solution but the same results.
    I was wondering why this works ok in my iphone ( the same app-different format) and not in the ipad.

Still not finding a solution

I reduced the compression etc ets but the same result.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you
    Takis

#340739 Reply

Hi takis-kar,

Did you also try changing the default HTML page architecture to Remote Web Page with the last suggestions?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Problem with splash screen loading

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in