facebook

Problem with Template

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried to import project M1 in ME.
    I followed the instructions as written on tutorial but get an error at the end.
    In Phonegap .ipa file is loaded but the app on your smartphone is attached.
    I tried with other projects, but the result is the same.

Thank You

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #353401 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@zorziemilio
    Let me double check and ensure something is not broken with the M1 to MyEclipse template. I’ll follow up shortly. The screenshot you shared looks like the default PhoneGap project template.

#353402 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@zorziemilio
    Thanks for sharing this issue. I confirmed there is an issue with the current template. I’m working on a fix for it now. I’ll post an update shortly when I have the fix available.

#353415 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@zorziemilio
    I have upgraded the MyEclipse_BuildM1ProjectTemplate. Please delete your current version of the template and download the latest version here

This new template should now import without error during the MyEclipse project creation process. It also fixes that startup page problem you observed. Lastly the template provides an updated phoneui.js file (2.6.5) that fixes an issue with the callPhone() action.

#353421 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Hello,
    I installed the new template but when the load of ME, is not found.
    Thank You
    Emilio

#353422 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>but when the load of ME, is not found.

I don’t understand. Can you rephrase or include a screenshot or other info?

#353424 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Excuse me, I made a mistake but now I’ve found the template.
    I managed to fill in my app with new template but the result is as in the first screenshot that I sent you.

Thank You

Emilio

#353425 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>I managed to fill in my app with new template but the result is as in the first screenshot that I sent you.

A couple of things to verify:

1) after running the importMobioneProjectContent.ant script in your myeclipse project, inspect the contents under the www/ directory. Make sure that all of your mobione html and related files are present.

2) if #1 looks all OK then open the project’s config.xml file. There is the <content src=””/> element. This identifies to phonegap which html file to load on startup. It is probably set to index.html.

Change the element

<content src="whatever.html"/>

to 

<content src="yourstartupfile.html" />

for example in the migration tutorial it should look like
       <content src="date-time.html" />
    #353426 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

after running the importMobioneProjectContent.ant script in my myeclipse project there is only the index.html file equal to the slide sent over.

#353427 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Config.xml is correct with the name of my index file

#353429 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Q: are you implementing the tutorial or your own app?

The reason for asking is to that tutorial if followed exactly should result in a successful app build. That is our goal to help you create a fully working simple solution. Once you have a working system you can implement your own project and have the datetime project to compare with if you have an issue.

If you are seeing the same UI as the screenshot then either your config.xml is misconfigured to use the wrong startup file or your mobione project content is not being imported correctly. It’s impossible to say from this pt without seeing the project.

Make sure that your template is version 0.2. That is the version I updated earlier today.

#353431 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Ciao
    I did still many trials:
    1- I have reinstalled ME
    2- I installed the last template that you sent me
    3- I tried with the project date-time and with my project
    4- I have verified that all .html files have been loaded in ME
    5- I checked the file config.xml and correct the startup file (eg. Index.html)

My tests were to compile IOS private.

The result is always the same as the first slide that I attached.

I think it’s a problem of the template file.

Is it just me that I have this problem?

Thanks to your help, the procedure is very good and very simple,
    we hope for a solution of this problem.

#353435 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Hello,
    I found a solution to my problem.
    I copied the folder WWW M1 project in ME.
    I compiled for PhoneGap and everything now works.
    The problem now is that the screen is moved to the top as you can see in the attached slide. The second is correct.
    Another problem is to open external URLs and you will never go into the app.
    I also replaced the file phoneiu.js with that found in another post, but it does not work.
    Do you have a solution?
    SWiamo almost perfect, just missing …

Thank You

Emilio

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #353438 Reply

Hi,

I also replaced the file phoneiu.js with that found in another post, but it does not work.

Some of the older Phoneui.js files didn’t not address the iPhone 6 and 6+ sizes. The latest template has been verified to fix the scaling issues. You can download the template referenced in the early post and copy the phoneui.js file into your project. This can also be verified by using the sample date-time project and building and running it on the 6/6+.

If you open the phoneui.js file it should have versions: 2.6.5.20150116

Thanks,

#353439 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Thank You,
    can you give me the link to download the new phoneui.js that I check with what I used.
    This also fixes problems with external URL?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Reply To: Problem with Template

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in