facebook

Problems with Node after Eclipse update

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

superforce
    Participant

Hi, I just upgraded my Eclipse to 2020-06 und now I’m not able to start my Angular project. The error I’m getting is:
    > Executing task in folder G:Angulareclipse-workspacemy_project: ‘node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng’ ‘serve’ –port=4200 –live-reload=true –webclipse-launch-id=1273842838626072867 <

/usr/bin/env: ‘node’: No such file or directory

The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127
    Of course it's not there, I'm working under Windows7! 🙂
    How can I fix it?

Best regards

Martin

#660222 Reply

support-swapna

Martin,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. How did you upgrade to Eclipse 2020-06? Is it a clean new installation of Eclipse?
    2. Is the Angular project a newly created project in Eclipse 2020-06 or an existing one created in previous version of Eclipse? If existing one, then please let us know how you imported the project into Eclipse 2020-06.
    3. If you create a new Angular project, do you see the same problem when starting it?
    4. Can you please clarify if you have nodejs and npm folders in the .codemix-store folder located in your user home folder? Example path: C:\Users\XXX\.codemix-store\. If the folders are present, then do you see subfolders with version numbers present?
    5. Please share with us the .log file located in the workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here) to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660332 Reply

support-swapna

Martin,

Just checking – were you able to resolve the reported issue?
    If you are still seeing problems, then please share with us the details I requested in my previous response to help us investigate further.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660464 Reply

dailao
    Participant

Hello, I’m also having this problem. After very recently updating eclipse with “Help->Check for Updates” and migrating the workspace to the new version the binaries like ‘ng’ are no longer found, and the server cannot be started.

In my .codemix-store I have 3 directories:
    git-bash
    nodejs (10.10.0, 10.16.0, 11.9.0, 11.10.0)
    npm (6.4.1, 6.8.0, 6.9.0, 6.9.2, cache)

#660465 Reply

support-swapna

dailao,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please share with us the output in the Terminal+ view when you try to start the server? Also share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here)

2. Do you have any other plugins like STS installed to Eclipse?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660466 Reply

dailao
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I’m using STS:
    Spring Tool Suite 4
    Version: 4.7.0.RELEASE
    Build Id: 202006181331

Unfortunately I don’t seem to have a .metadata directory, but I can see other dot-directories just fine like .settings and .vscode.

On startup the output is the following:
    > Executing task in folder C:\zDevelopment\zA_GitRepo_reti\ch.migros.reticloud-gui: ‘node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng’ ‘serve’ –port=4200 –live-re
    load=true –webclipse-launch-id=4522935499006343470 <

/usr/bin/env: ‘node’: No such file or directory
    The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127

Press any key to close the terminal

#660468 Reply

dailao
    Participant

I found the .metadata .log (sorry for the delay) and attached it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660470 Reply

support-swapna

dailao,

Thank you for the details and the log file. We already have a bug filed for broken Terminal+ in the latest STS 4.7 version. Looks like you have hit the same problem. The dev team is looking into it. We will keep you posted about the fix soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660958 Reply

Laurent
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem.
    Do you have a bypass ?

thx

#661068 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

We have released a patch for the Terminal+ issues being reported with Eclipse 2020-06.
    Can you please try it as suggested by Aaron in this thread and let us know how it works for you?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661093 Reply

dailao
    Participant

Hello Swapna

I tried the fix from the other thread with copying the jar-file into the plugins-directory. Unfortunately I still get the same error:
    bash: ng: command not found

So basically, I can only build and launch my project via console and not via the plugin integration.

#661097 Reply

support-swapna

dailao,

Sorry that you are still seeing the issue.

Can you please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation? Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661100 Reply

dailao
    Participant

Here is the metadata-log.

As you can see the NullPointer is still there, even though I overwrote the jar as instructed.
    If that has anything to do with the fact that it reports that ‘ng’ cannot be found I can’t say. To me it seems like two separate issues.
    The only fact I know is that it worked before updating STS.

Attachments:
    #661108 Reply

Aaron Lara

@dailao, We have come up with a much better fix for this issue. Can you please give it a try? please follow the same instructions but with this file instead.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    #661204 Reply

dailao
    Participant

I’m happy to report that everything seems to work now with plugins3-1.zip provided in the NullPointer-thread (I assume this is the same zip).
    Thanks a lot for your help, and hopefully this will soon be included in an official plugin update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Problems with Node after Eclipse update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in