facebook

CodeMix – NPE during Terminal+ initialization

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

peekey
    Participant

Eclipse Version: 2020-06
    Codemix Version: 2020.4.7
    Linux – OpenSUSE Leap 15.2

I’ve configured CLI to use latest NodeJS 14.5.0 and NPM 6.14.6

During Terminal+ initialization NPE occurs:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.common.core.node.JSDTNodejsInstallManager.addNodeJSInstall(JSDTNodejsInstallManager.java:76)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.common.core.node.NodeInstaller.find(NodeInstaller.java:70)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.common.core.project.internal.NodejsProject.needsNodeJSDownload(NodejsProject.java:150)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.common.core.terminal.NodeJsTerminalContributor.contributeTo(NodeJsTerminalContributor.java:81)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.terminal.plus.contributors.ProjectTerminalContributorService.getCustomizationsFor(ProjectTerminalContributorService.java:58)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.terminal.plus.internal.TerminalInitializerJob.run(TerminalInitializerJob.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

Is known some solution?

#660898 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Do you also have STS 4.7 installed? We have known reports of broken Terminal+ on standalone STS 4.7 installations. Please share with us the details of other third party plugins installed to Eclipse.

If you ignore the NPE and switch back to the Terminal+ view, do you see it working?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660902 Reply

peekey
    Participant

Hello,

What STS stands for? In Eclipse I see nothing installed, which can match this abbreviation.

After NPE, Terminal+ can be opened, but commands like ‘npm’ or ‘node’ are not known – CodeMix is unusable.

#660904 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Please check if you have Spring Tool Suite/Spring Tools installed.

Can you please share with us the complete .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here)
    Also share with us the screenshot of the Installed Software tab from Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Installed Software to help us check which other plugins are installed.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660906 Reply

peekey
    Participant

Hello,

also fallback to previous working NodeJS and NPM versions did not work – npm and node commands unknown.

I have no Spring Tool Suite/Spring Tools installed. Attached is Eclipse workspace log from today (anonymized) and screenshots of Eclipse installed SW.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660920 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details and the screenshots.
    We are looking into it and will get back to you soon about the fix details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660945 Reply

sgrenier
    Participant

I have the exact same problem here. In fact, codemix engine does not use any more the project’s associated node & npm version, command lines are executed defaulting to the system-wide versions of NPM and NODE installed at OS level.

On my Linux (UBUNTU), I did upgrade NPM and NODE to a recent version so that I can still work, but not with the correct versions of the tools as selected in each project.

More over, creating a new fresh project results in an error while trying to download / install any fresh version of these components.

Here what I obtain from a Terminal+ window in a given project :
    $ npm –version

$ node –version
    v12.18.2

Whereas the node version in the project CLI TOOLS settings is 14.5.0 and NPM is 6.14.6.

#660998 Reply

Aaron Lara

Great news! We have a fix for this issue and it’s going to be released next week :D. However, it would be great if you guys can give this fix a try and let us know if it works in your installations. To try it out follow the instructions:

1. Shut down Eclipse
    2. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file
    3. Copy over the jar file into your eclipse/plugins/ directory and make sure you override the other one with the same name.
    NOTE: If there was no existing jar with the same name the patch won’t work. If you installed Eclipse using the oomph installer the default location for the plugins folder is <home>/.p2/pool/plugins/.
    4. Start Eclipse. By this point, it should already take the fixes.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    #661003 Reply

sgrenier
    Participant

I checked my installation and I don’t have the exact same version of this plugin.

In .p2/pool/plugins I have two other versions :

com.genuitec.eclipse.code.engine.app.linux.x86_64_3.6.0.201910290238

and

com.genuitec.eclipse.code.engine.app.linux.x86_64_3.6.0.202002212104

Nothing in eclipse/plugins

Any suggestion ?

#661004 Reply

Aaron Lara

@sgrenier, please update your installation by doing help > Check for updates

#661005 Reply

sgrenier
    Participant

Sorry mis-read the name…I have the same file. I test

#661006 Reply

sgrenier
    Participant

Seem’s to be okay !

I now have :

Node.js version: v14.5.0
    NPM version: 6.14.6

Which are the expected versions.

Launching “ng serve” in a terminal+ now also launch the app as expected whereas it was sayning that ng was not there before the patch.

Thanks a lot !

#661007 Reply

Aaron Lara

Awesome! Thank you for helping us and test the fix. This and more fixes will come in the release next week.

Have a great weekend!
    Aaron Lara

#661012 Reply

peekey
    Participant

Hello,

after applying JAR patch, everything works as expected. Configured NodeJS and NPM were downloaded during Terminal+ initialization. Terminal+ environment is correct, node and npm commands are known and of configured version.

Thanks!

#661058 Reply

Jeremy
    Participant

I have followed the steps and installed the attached jar file, but am still getting a NPE when terminal+ is trying to install node update.
    I’ve attached the error details. I looked for updates and installed the latest codemix package as well.
    Any thoughts?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: CodeMix – NPE during Terminal+ initialization

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in