facebook

Problems with v 7.1.1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Phil Gibbs

Wish I could revert to 7.1! I’ve had nothing but problems with this new version – 7.1.1 and Eclipse 3.4.2 – downloaded the complete bundle.
    Currently, I cannot build my project since it keeps complaining about not being able to start the modern compiler, despite configuring JDK6, and setting that as the default, tried setting my project to JDK6(project specific setting), then letting it default to workspace settings. Neither fixed the problem.
    Now I’ve had a class cast exception in Eclipse – message:
    An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
    org.eclipse.core.Internal.resources.File.

This is very frustrating. Never had any problems before in migrating from prior versions.
    Need urgent help.
    Thx.

#299136 Reply

barkingcat,
    Can you give us more information on this?
    1. Can you copy paste your installation details here? You can get them from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. How did you install MyEclipse? Using all-in-one installer to download/using pulse explorer/installed eclipse classic and added MyEclipse plugin?
    3. What is the JDK version in myeclipse.ini file located in your installation directory? Check for the value of -vm. To use JDK6, download the complete version and point the vm to the new location.

ME7.1.1 and Eclipse 3.4.2 are not compatible. To use ME7.1.1 you need to have an eclipse classic version installed on which, ME can be installed. If you want to use Eclipse 3.4.2, you can download ME7.5M1. This is a development version and the final version is to be released soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Problems with v 7.1.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in