facebook

Project Deletion fails when project has read lock [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sprint-TX

When trying to delete a Web Project after Struts is Added, the project fails to delete complaining about not being able to access all the struts jars that were added. The only way I have been able to remove the project is to close Eclipse – which then complains that it cannot save the workbench settings, and re-start Eclipse. Once restarted, I can now delete the rest of the project out of Eclipse.

This can be duplicated and I am running the latest version of MyEclipse with the QuickFix installed.

#214091 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sprint,
    This behavior is a known side effect of portions of Eclipse keeping read locks on some of the files, e.g. the JAR files likely for autocomplete parsing or the like. When these read locks are open you will not be able to delete the project. You can wait the read-locks out (which depends on your platform for timeouts) or just restart Eclipse like you found. Its annoying, but not something ME can work around.

#214092 Reply

Sprint-TX

I may have found a different work-around. If I go in and remove all the struts-jars from the buid-path (right-click on properties, Java Build Path, Libraries), and then delete-the project, it deletes OK.

#214097 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This will certainly help but it won’t work every time unfortunately. I actually just ran into this problem twice this morning, it is annoying.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Project Deletion fails when project has read lock [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in