facebook

Project Deployments – web and maven support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

alvins

Hi,

Does the maven plugin support deployment of web projects – it does not seem to copy the dependency jars to WEB-INF/lib?

Alvin

#286145 Reply

@alvins wrote:

Hi,

Does the maven plugin support deployment of web projects – it does not seem to copy the dependency jars to WEB-INF/lib?

Alvin

MyEclipse will not copy jars to project folder. But the jars will be deployed to a server if the dependency scope is appropriate.

#286179 Reply

kyancy

Hi. I am def one of those glad 2 see this, but can u clarify how to use it with a web project?

I eagerly updated to 6.5. Created a new test maven4myeclipse project. It didn’t let me set the archetype so it defaulted to JAR. I then used the “Add Web Project Capabilities” on the project. I was happy to see that it readily let me deploy the stock project to the embedded version of Tomcat (in prior versions I had to hack a few things 4 this 2 work). It appeared to copy the web libs to the right place, however I couldn’t immediately hit it with the browser like you normally can with a stock web project (http://localhost:8080/mytestproj).

Upon further examination I realized that it was still producing a JAR as the artifact and also had failed to create /src/main/webapp directory like I expected. I was hoping a maven enabled web project would run right out of the box.

Am I missing something or are there some additional manual steps that we need to know about? thx in advance

#286180 Reply

kyancy

Oops. Think I just answered my own question. Looks like you create a ‘web’ project and then select the maven support option during creation of the web project. Sorry. My mistake.

I was going to delete prior idiotic post but wasn’t sure how. thx!

#286188 Reply

Riyad Kalla

kyancy,
    Not idiotic at all, it’s a totally valid question and one that many other users will have, so this will be helpful for them. Thanks for getting that in here.

#286211 Reply

alvins

I just tried a simple web-project “Project1” with maven capabilities and deploy to tomcat works fine.

Now I create java maven “Project2” and make it a dependency of “Project1”. Web project keeps failing deployment. I remove dependency, it deploys fine.

Ideas?

#286213 Reply

@alvins wrote:

I just tried a simple web-project “Project1” with maven capabilities and deploy to tomcat works fine.

Now I create java maven “Project2” and make it a dependency of “Project1”. Web project keeps failing deployment. I remove dependency, it deploys fine.

Ideas?

What do you mean by “failing deployment”? Is there some error dialog shown?

#286264 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

Probably the usual bug with having a child and parent project open + Maven enabled + trying to deploy using the MyEclipse deployer.

#286271 Reply

alvins

“Deployment failure on MyEclipse Tomcat . Could not copy all resources to C:\Java\workspace-myeclipse-6.5\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse\tomcat\webapps\frontend. If a file is locked, you can wait until the lock times out to redeploy, or stop the server and redeploy, or manually remove the deployment at C:\Java\workspace-myeclipse-6.5\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse\tomcat\webapps\frontend”

Similar to what the guy was having in this post https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/maven-integration-for-enterprise-application-project/

#286275 Reply

Thank you for reporting this issue. It will be addressed in the coming releases.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Project Deployments – web and maven support

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in