facebook

Questions about Terminal+

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

andymyersau
    Participant

I have a couple of questions about Terminal+. (I’m on Windows 10 if that makes a difference)

It seems every time I go to the Terminal Plus View I need to pick a project, and then click the “+” button to start a new terminal. Is there any way to get it to always open up a particular one automatically?

Secondly – if I type “exit” at the command prompt the terminal echos the word “exit” and becomes inactive. Am I right to assume the terminal process has ended properly?

Thanks.

#619748 Reply

Hi andymyersau,

You are seeing the correct behavior.

1. As soon as you start a new Terminal+ session for a project, (and you don’t have any active Terminal+ session open already) then you’ll see Welcome to Terminal+ tab. You’ll need to click + icon to start a Terminal+ session for the selected project and then onward for the active Terminal+ session it’ll automatically open.

I hope you have already enabled link selected project to workbench selection in Terminal+ which allows you to automatically open active Terminal+ session for a project selected in Project Explorer.

2. You are right. Typing “exit” in Terminal+ will make it inactive.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Shilpee
    Genuitec Team

#619900 Reply

andymyersau
    Participant

Thanks Shilpee

#621216 Reply

andymyersau
    Participant

I’ve found if I start express via nodemon in Terminal+ the Ctrl-C to exit it can take a long time (minutes). I’ve not seen this running via a console session outside of eclipse.

Just to make sure that terminal not having focus was not the problem I’ve tried selecting text and/or pushing Enter a few times but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Is there any known issues around this?

#621244 Reply

support-swapna

Andy,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

I tried with a sample Node project at my end and I see Ctrl+C exiting immediately.
    I started the server using this command : nodemon src/app.js
    Please see the attached screenshot of the Terminal+ at my end for your reference.

If you are doing it differently, then please share the steps.It would be great if you can also send us a sample project which exhibits the problem to help us replicate the problem at our end.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #621324 Reply

andymyersau
    Participant

The only thing I can see different that I’m doing is that I’m runining the commend via npm. My package json has (in part) "scripts": {"dev": "nodemon --exec babel-node ./src/app.js"} and then i run npm run dev from Terminal+. Does that make any difference in your attempts to replicate it?

I’m on Windows 10 also, if that could be a factor

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by andymyersau.
    #621350 Reply

support-swapna

Andy,

Thank you for the details. I could replicate the problem with npm command.
    Its possibly the Terminate batch job (Y/N) question not being displayed with Ctrl+C inside the Terminal+ that’s caused the problem.
    I have filed a bug report with the dev team to look into it.

As a workaround, you can try adding < nul to command in the package.json and see if it helps.

"scripts": {
        "dev": "nodemon --exec babel-node ./src/app.js < nul"
      }

I am on Windows 10 as well and the above workaround fixes the problem for me.

Please let us know if you see any issues or have any other questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Questions about Terminal+

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in