facebook

Race condition on ME 15 startup

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

NickCase
    Participant

Here are the first three dumps. I created one every three seconds or so (as fast as the visualVM would let me), tapering off to every 20-30 or so seconds until MyEclipse failed. This behavior has been occurring since before the SVN plugin install.

Thank you for looking into this.
    Nick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #471627 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

I got a total of 18. 19 if you include the last one that only said thread dump failed

Attachments:
    #471632 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

More.

Attachments:
    #471638 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

More. Again.

Attachments:
    #471643 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

Last set. I apologize for the information overload.

Attachments:
    #471947 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Nick,

I spend some time analyzing those thread dumps and I cannot figure out what’s going on. I think the only way to go is to have a support call. I would like to schedule it ASAP to avoid any further delays on your side. I am based in Europe, so I prefer morning US times. I am available today and tomorrow 9-11 Central Time. Please write to support@genuitec.com when you would like to have the support call. As far as the environment setup, it would be best if you can show me the problem on MyEclipse installation without any add-ons installed.

#482055 Reply

daulus
    Participant

Hi,

Was this problem ever solved? I installed MyEclipse yesterday and I got the exact same error message as NickCase when my MyEclipse failed to start up. I am running Windows 10.

Regards,

Daulus

#482058 Reply

daulus
    Participant

Uploading log file failed, so here’s another try for the first 30 lines or so.

Attachments:
    #482090 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi Daulus,

On the support call I’ve found that Nick had troubles with accessing file system at Windows level. To confirm that you are experiencing the same problems, just open MyEclipse installation directory with Windows Explorer and than copy and paste “plugins” folder. It’s ~1.5GB of data to copy. If it takes longer than 1 min, there is something wrong with your system. Both Nick and one other user experiencing similar troubles had AVG antivirus installed, which might be a cause of the problem, but I never heard back from them, so not really sure. The bottom line is that MyEclipse needs to read data from HDD on startup (though not 1.5GB of course) and if there is something wrong with your system setup and reading files takes enormous amount of time, MyEclipse won’t startup. Please let me know whether you’re experiencing same file system problems as Nick!

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#482108 Reply

daulus
    Participant

Hi Piotr,

Many thanks for your quick reply. I installed MyEclipse in C:\Users\Paul\MyEclipse 2015 and when I tried copying the plugins folder into the same directory as where it is now, I got quite a few messages stating that the “file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder”. I wonder if that has anything to do with the issues I am facing? I will uninstall MyEclipse and then reinstall to the shortest path I can provide and see what happens.

Cheers,

Daulus

#482137 Reply

daulus
    Participant

Hi Piotr,

Just before uninstalling MyEclipse, I thought about you mentioning AVG. I disabled my Panda antivirus and gave MyEclipse one last try. Guess what? It started up. A bit awkward though, having to disable your antivirus to be able to run a program. Not your fault, I am sure. Anyway, I can work with it now. Many thanks for your quick response!

Cheers,

Daulus

#482151 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi Daulus!

Glad to hear that! I guess it affects regular Eclipse as well (that’s what I saw with Nick), though since it’s smaller, it would still start with antivirus enabled. I would recommend contacting your antivirus support to resolve the issue.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Race condition on ME 15 startup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in