facebook

Race condition on ME 15 startup

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

NickCase
    Participant

Hello,

I’m getting what appears to be a race condition while trying to start MyEclipse 2015. I’ve attached a Log file for review.

Thank you for your time.
    Nickolas Case

#469534 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

Unfortunately the upload didn’t work. Here is the log file.

Root exception:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.close(BundleContextImpl.java:92)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:938)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:320)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:395)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.loadClass(EquinoxBundle.java:568)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponent.createInstance(ServiceComponent.java:493)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.createInstance(ServiceComponentProp.java:270)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.build(ServiceComponentProp.java:331)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponent(InstanceProcess.java:620)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponents(InstanceProcess.java:197)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.buildNewlySatisfied(Resolver.java:473)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.enableComponents(Resolver.java:217)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager.performWork(SCRManager.java:816)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager$QueuedJob.dispatch(SCRManager.java:783)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.WorkThread.run(WorkThread.java:89)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by support-tony. Reason: Log stored - reduced here to last root exception
    #469717 Reply

support-swapna

Nick,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Is this a fresh installation of MyEclipse 2015? Did you install any third party plugins?

Can you please start MyEclipse 2015 with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists?
    Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

If the -clean does not fix the issue, then please repair the installation by running the already downloaded installer.

If the issue persists even after the repair , then please do a clean install of MyEclipse using a freshly downloaded Bundled installer from the MyEclipse Downloads page : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

Here is the FAQ for clean installing MyEclipse : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-how-do-i-perform-a-clean-myeclipse-install/

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#471301 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

After testing with the -clean and with new bundles, I can’t seem to get MyEclipse to start consistently. I’m having to end the myeclipse.exe and javaw.exe processes through task manager several times before the IDE will start.

There are three consistent behaviors:
    1. The application will display the splash page and nothing else. No javaw.exe process.
    2. The application will display the splash page and show javaw.exe spooling up in process manager but will hang indefinitely.
    3. The application will display the splash page and show javaw.exe spooling up in process manager but will display an error message before terminating.

In all three cases the splash page eventually goes away.

Occasionally, the IDE will come up as expected/

#471302 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

After testing with the -clean and with new bundles, I can’t seem to get MyEclipse to start consistently. I’m having to end the myeclipse.exe and javaw.exe processes through task manager several times before the IDE will start.

There are three consistent behaviors:
    1. The application will display the splash page and nothing else. No javaw.exe process.
    2. The application will display the splash page and show javaw.exe spooling up in process manager but will hang indefinitely.
    3. The application will display the splash page and show javaw.exe spooling up in process manager but will display an error message before terminating.

In all three cases the splash page eventually goes away.

Occasionally, the IDE will come up as expected.

#471432 Reply

support-swapna

Nickcase,

Sorry that you are still seeing this issue.

1.Do you see the issue with a new workspace as well? Are you working with a large workspace ?
    2. Can you get to the workspace or is it terminating even before the workspace selection? If you can get to the workspace, please send us the .log file for further investigation.
    3. If you are still seeing issues, can you please do a clean install of MyEclipse using the freshly downloaded installer? Here is the FAQ for clean install of MyEclipse : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-how-do-i-perform-a-clean-myeclipse-install/
    4. If the issue persists, try starting MyEclipse from command line using -debug and -console options.

myeclipse.exe -debug -console

Let us know what errors are logged in the command prompt window.

5. Please also share with us the OS and version details (32/64 bit), JDK version installed in your machine and the full path of the MyEclipse Installation location.If you are making any changes to the IDE post installation, please share those details as well.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#471440 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

If I’m able to get to the workspace selection dialog window, the IDE will come up. Running myeclipse.exe -debug -console produces no output. I’m running in powershell(command prompt disabled in my organization)

I’m running windows 7 enterprise 64 bit with:

java version “1.8.0_71”
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_71-b15)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.71-b15, mixed mode)

The only plugin I’ve installed is subversive SVN and connectors. The behavior has been present since before plugin installation.

MyEclipse installation location is C:\Users\casenick\AppData\Local\MyEclipse 2015

Thanks again for your time.
    Nickolas Case

#471476 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

Here is some info from ending the javaw.exe process after it hangs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #471489 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Nick,

Your issue has been escalated and I will try to resolve it. I hope we will be able to find the cause of the issue and possible workaround. I need contents of file <MyEclipse-installation-dir>/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info and also few thread dumps of java process during the time it hangs (it should be at least 30 secs according to log). Here is Eclipse page on how to get thread dump: https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock . I prefer to use jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt. Please let me know if you have troubles getting the thread dump!

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak
    MyEclipse Product Architect

#471494 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

Here is the bundles.info file:

[info filed]

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by support-tony. Reason: Reduced size of comment - stored bundles.info
    #471495 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

If you require anything else, let me know.

Thanks again!

#471496 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Thank you!

That’s what I needed, I’ll investigate this first thing tomorrow morning. I’ll let you know if I need anything else.

#471568 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Nick,

I’ve analyzed the data you have given me and I’ve even tried to reproduce the issue. It’s not happening for me, but the issue might be specific to your system. In the list of jars listed in bundles.info, I’ve noticed that you are using an outdated (year old) versions of both subversive and polarion plugins. Maybe the issue is happening because of those plugins. Could you please install the latest versions and check again?

The other thing I’ve noticed is that the bundle loading thread is opening a zip file at the moment of the dump. Maybe it is stuck at this point, i.e. cannot read the file, or something like that. With one dump I can’t say definitely what’s going on, so to better analyze it I would need 3-5 dumps, each every second or so. If updating svn connector plugins does not help, please send me those dumps. Note, that you should be able to attach them if you add “txt” extension.

#471616 Reply

NickCase
    Participant

I’m limited to 512 KB upload size and the head-dumps are 60+ MB. I made an application snapshot that’s just over 30 MB. It contain three head-dumps and two thread-dumps. Is there somewhere I can put that? I can make another one if you need more dumps.

Nick

#471619 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Nick,

Sorry for not being clear. For now, I just need several thread dumps, not heap dump, just stack traces for each thread. You should be able to attach those. I assume that you’ve tested with the newest versions of SVN connectors and it failed?

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Race condition on ME 15 startup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in