facebook

RAD 7 ear migration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tom Murray
    Participant

I am trying to use Blue and move from RAD 7. So far I have not been able to bring over any projects to Blue. I have imported the existing RAD7 ear file and copied it to my new Blue WS. When I try to enhance, I get
    java.lang.RuntimeException: The Enhancing Web project activity did not complete properly: Unsupported j2ee spec
    The Enhancing Web project activity did not complete properly: Unsupported j2ee spec

This is a simple 1 web module servlet/jsp app. It was a j2ee 1.2 app in RAD7, but I migrated it in RAD7 to j2ee 1.4. It is that version I then imported using the import existing project function and pointing to my RAD7 workspace.

What am I missing???

#320713 Reply

support-swapna

tmurray50 ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse.

Can you answer some more questions for us to understand the issue better ?

1) Can you share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Blue Edition > Build ID ? Paste the Build ID here. Also share your OS and version details.

2) Can you give us the version of the Websphere server you are working with ?

3) Switch to a new workspace, import the RAD project and enhance it. Share the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log with us.

4) Can you please send us your RAD project to help with the investigation?. You can email it to support@genuitec.com subject ATTN: Swapna along with reference to this thread.

#320735 Reply

Tom Murray
    Participant

Version: 9.1 Blue
    Build id: 9.1-Blue-20110701

OS Windows XP Pro SP3

WAS 6.1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320741 Reply

support-swapna

tmurray50 ,

Thank you for the details and the log file.
    I have escalated this one to a dev team member. They will get back to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#320770 Reply

support-swapna

tmurray50 ,

Can you please send us all the files in the .settings folder of this project ? Also please send us the .project and .classpath files to help us with our investigation. You can mail them to support@genuitec.com ATTN Swapna with a link to this thread.

#321446 Reply

jsj128

I’m seeing the same error but I’m migrating an EAR project from RAD 6, WAS 5.1 server. I’m in process of evaluating MyEclipse and another IDE as opposed to migrating to RAD 7.
    Just curious to know if this has been resolved.
    Thanks.

Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unsupported j2ee spec
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.project.migration.EJBConvertProjectActivity.execute(EJBConvertProjectActivity.java:51)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.project.migration.SequenceProcessor.doActivities(SequenceProcessor.java:65)
    … 55 more
    Root exception:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: The Enhancing EJB project activity did not complete properly: Unsupported j2ee spec

#321486 Reply

support-swapna

jsj128 ,

Your issue looks similar to the one reported by the first user. But to make sure before suggesting the solution we need your files.

Can you please send us all the files in the .settings folder of this project ? Also please send us the .project and .classpath files to help us with our investigation. You can mail them to support@genuitec.com ATTN Swapna with a link to this thread.

#321655 Reply

jsj128

Swapna,
    Just want to follow-up on the issues loading an EJB RAD 6 project into ME re: unsupported j2ee spec. Also I was having issues loading a Web project. It imports fine but ME makes it a regular java prj and after adding the ME web capabilities, it changed the prj type to a web with the globe icon. I can deploy it to WAS 8 server but I could not add it to the EAR prj (right click on the EAR prj, add/remove modules) as the web project is not even shown. I tried modifying the application.xml file of the EAR prj and it seems it took it and did a recompile/redeploy but if I go to the overview tab of the WebSphere App Editor, i don’t the the just added Web project.
    Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: RAD 7 ear migration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in