facebook

RDI no longer starts after installing Darkest Theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

joslabonte
    Participant

I attempted to install Darkest Dark theme yesterday,and since then i cannot start RDI. I can start RDI running as Administrator only.
    I tried starting with -clean, and i have the same problem.

I have attached the Eclipse error.

Thank you,
    Josée

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #644720 Reply

support-swapna

Josée,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please clarify if the Darkest Dark theme installed fine? Or did it fail and from then on you are unable to start RDI as normal user?
    2. Which version of RDI are you working with?
    3. Do you see ‘com.genuitec.*’ files in the plugins directory of the RDI? If yes,then delete them, try starting RDI with -clean and check if it works.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#644721 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! Additional to Swapna’s questions, can you also attach your log file located at your <eclipse install>/configuration directory? Please make sure you send the latest one after it failed to launch.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#644722 Reply

joslabonte
    Participant

I am at the latest RDI,9.6.0.7 I thought it had installed, but, i don’t see it in my install when i run as Administrator. When i start i get the window with your logo on it, and then half way through it cancels.

I removed the folder com.genuitec.elip…. that did not work, it keeps recreating it when i start, with 1 file, splash-fix.css in it.

I have attached the log.

Thank you for your prompt reply ,

Attachments:
    #644725 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the details! I see some exceptions in your log, but nothing that can crash the startup. It’s possible that the installation was corrupted (P2 can cause this kind of issues sometimes). So let’s try to clean it up:

1. Navigate to your plugins directory and remove all com.genuitec.eclipse.* jars and folders.
    2. Then edit <install dir>\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info and remove all com.genuitec.eclipse.* entries.
    3. Try to launch RDI again.

#644728 Reply

joslabonte
    Participant

I don’t see any folders in plugins for com.genuitec…
    and there are no references to genuitec. in my bundles.info which I have attached.

Attachments:
    #645057 Reply

joslabonte
    Participant

Hi, any suggestion on how i can get rid of this problem?

Thank you,

#645069 Reply

Aaron Lara

Sorry for the delay. It looks like DevStyle was not installed at all. Maybe P2 just failed for a different reason. Given you can only launch as Administrator it might be an issue with permissions. Maybe check what permissions you have in your install directory and executables.

Some questions I have right now are:
    – Did you install or update any other software beside DevStyle?
    – Do you know what version of Eclipse RDI is based on? DevStyle requires at least 4.6 (Neon) to work properly.

#645116 Reply

Aaron Lara

Just a quick update on this: We were able to successfully install DevStyle in RDI 9.6.0.7 in Windows 10. After installing it, it restarted correctly and we can launch with regular user permissions. So this means DevStyle is indeed compatible with RDI.

My previous message’s questions are still valid.

#645967 Reply

joslabonte
    Participant

I tried to load DevStyle again as an administrator and received errors. see attached screen.

– Did you install or update any other software beside DevStyle? —- NO
    – Do you know what version of Eclipse RDI is based on? DevStyle requires at least 4.6 (Neon) to work properly. —- Provide me with instructions on how to get this information please. I also attached a screen on the Eclipse Installation details.

Thank you,

Attachments:
    #645971 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the error details.
    It looks like some of the Neon related dependencies are missing when trying to install DevStyle.

To workaround the problem, please add this update site for Neon : http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon/ here in the IDE : Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites and click ‘Apply and Close’.

Once done try installing DevStyle again and check if it installs fine.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: RDI no longer starts after installing Darkest Theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in