facebook

Remove Maven4MyEclipse and install M2Eclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

tim5901
    Participant

Is it possible to remove Maven4MyEclipse and install the M2Eclipse? I have been using M2Eclipse in RAD for quite a while and miss some of the features that I cannot find in Maven4MyEclipse.

#321544 Reply

support-swapna

tim5901,

1) Which version of MyEclipse are you working with ? Can you share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build ID ?

2) What exact features are you missing in Maven4MyEclipse ? Please let us know to help us recommend the best way out.

#321552 Reply

tim5901
    Participant

Build id is 9.1-Blue-20110701

What really causes issues for me is the lack of support for importing an existing Maven project and how to interface an with Subversion. I don’t see how it is possible to store or retrieve a multi-module project in Subversion.

#321577 Reply

support-swapna

tim5901,

Our Maven support has been significantly enhanced with MyEclipse release 10. Traditional Maven projects can now be imported into MyEclipse with ease; little to no post-import configuration is required. We also now support Multi-module Maven projects.

I recommend you install MyEclipse 10 to take advantage of the enhanced Maven support. You can either install it using Pulse or from this link :
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download&version=ME

You can install a Subclipse SCM connector. Take a look at this thread :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/check-out-maven-projects-from-scm-find-a-new-scm-connector/

Let us know how it works for you.

#321583 Reply

tim5901
    Participant

About that upgrading to 10. Where in Pulse can I do that? I read another post and it said there should be some icon but I could not find it.

#321614 Reply

support-joy

tim5901,

If you are trying to install ME4S 10 using pulse. You need to do the following –
    1. Open Pulse
    2. Login to Pulse. You could login anonymously
    3. Select “Eclipse – Indigo” realm from top left hand corner dropdown
    4. Expand and click on – Ready to use Profiles > Popular, from the right hand pane, right click on *MyEclipse for Spring 10* and click on [run]
    5. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps.

Let me know how this works for you.

Best

#321615 Reply

tim5901
    Participant

Okay, maybe this is my problem. I am assuming Pulse is the MyEclipse Configuration Center. Is that right? If so, where do I login? If not, then I don’t know what Pulse is or where to access it.

Sorry, but this is the first time I have used MyEclipse and I have never heard of Pulse before.

Thanks for being patient.

#321622 Reply

cconway

Hi tim5901,

The configuration center is an integrated version of Pulse used to update only your current install. There is a full version of Pulse that is not integrated that will allow you to install the various versions of MyEclipse as brand new stand-alone instances (that will in-turn have their integrated configuration centers).

Since MyEclipse 10 is based on Eclipse Indigo whereas 9.x was based on Helios, there is no upgrade path from within the configuration center. Your options are to either download the full version of pulse and install 10 following the instructions earlier in this thread, or you can download a MyEclipse 10 installer from our downloads site.

Here is the link to the Pulse download page:
    http://www.poweredbypulse.com/download_win.php (select the For Teams and Individuals option).

Here is the link to the version 10 downloads page:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-4.html

#321624 Reply

tim5901
    Participant

Ah, the lightbulb goes on.

Thanks, I’ll download and install it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Remove Maven4MyEclipse and install M2Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in