facebook

…requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide [3.10.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alexmurray
    Participant

When attempting to download/install a SailPoint vendor Plugin into MyEclipse using Install from Site…option I am getting error stating that “..requires ‘bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide [3.10.0,4.0.0)’ but it could not be found.”
    —————————————-
    Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: IdentityIQ Deployment Accelerator Feature 2.2.0.I20160520-1319 (sailpoint.iiqda.feature.feature.group 2.2.0.I20160520-1319)
    Missing requirement: sailpoint.iiqda 2.2.0.I20160520-1319 (sailpoint.IIQ_Deployment_Accelerator 2.2.0.I20160520-1319) requires ‘bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide [3.10.0,4.0.0)’ but it could not be found
    Cannot satisfy dependency:
    —————————————-
    I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find a solution for this as I do not see the org.eclipse.ui.ide in the list of available components installed in the MyEclipse 2014 I am using. I spoke to the SailPoint vendor and they suggested we use Eclipse Luna from the Eclipse Foundation instead. As we have already purchased a license for MyEclipse I was wanting to see if someone can advise on this before we change softwares.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #504884 Reply

support-swapna

Alex,

MyEclipse 2014 is bundled with org.eclipse.ui.ide version 3.9.1. MyEclipse 2015 is based on Eclipse Luna and comes bundled with org.eclipse.ui.ide version 3.10.2.

You can go to menu Help > About MyEclipse Workbench > Installation Details > switch to Plug-ins tab and type org.eclipse.ui.ide in the filter text to check the version of the plugin.

While installing third party plugins to MyEclipse, please ensure that the plugin version is compatible with the base Eclipse version on which MyEclipse is built. MyEclipse 2015 is based on Eclipse 4.4.2 (Luna) and MyEclipse 2016 is based on Eclipse 4.5.1 (Mars).

Please download the MyEclipse 2015 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    You can install MyEclipse 2015 to a different location alongside your existing MyEclipse 2014 install and use your current license.

If you are still seeing issues installing the plugin in MyEclipse 2015, then please share with us the update site details of the plugin to help us investigate further.

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#505061 Reply

support-swapna

Alex,

MyEclipse 2016 is the latest release of MyEclipse. I suggest you install MyEclipse 2016 instead of MyEclipse 2015 and check if the plugin installs fine.

If the plugin is not compatible with MyEclipse 2016 ( based on Eclipse Mars), then you can switch to working with MyEclipse 2015.

You can download the latest MyEclipse 2016 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: …requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide [3.10.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in