facebook

RESTful architecture

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hahagal
    Participant

I am trying to get RESTful architecture deployed into WebSphere Application Server Express V8.0. But it seems REST is complaining “java.lang.ClassNotFoundException”. I have attached my REST setup.

MyEclipse Blue Installation Summary
    *** Date:
    Monday, August 15, 2016 1:15:34 PM SGT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.7.0.v20110530-9gF7UHNFFt4cwE-pkZDJ7oz-mj4OSEIlu9SEv0f
    Build id: I20110613-1736

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.7.0.v20110520-0800-7z8gFchFMTdFYKuLqBLqRja9B15B

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.7.0.v20110504-0800-7b7qFVpFEx2XnmYtj_9RfO7

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.7.0.v20110425-2050-777D-81B2Bz0685C3A6E34272
    Build id: 201105020958

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.7.0.v20110216-9DB5Fm1FpBGy_AaVz-mFamgY

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\myeclipse-blue.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse-blue
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    -install
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10
    -configuration
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #493807 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. When adding dependent projects, please make sure you have also added the EJB project under the Project References of the REST project. Also make sure the EJB project is selected in the Order and Export tab of the REST project’s Java Build Path. Once the project is deployed, please check in the deployment location if the EJB project is deployed along with the REST project.

Dependent projects and their deployment have been greatly enhanced in the newer versions of MyEclipse.
    Here is a quick overview of how the Deployment Assembly works in the newer MyEclipse releases :

MyEclipse Deployment Assembly

MyEclipse 10.0 is unstable and no longer fully supported.I strongly recommend you move to newer releases of MyEclipse to stay updated with the product.

You can download the latest MyEclipse 2016 installer, which is based on Eclipse Mars from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    Your current license is valid for the newer releases as our licenses are time based and not version based.

Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#493977 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I have done that but getting this error.

[8/16/16 14:38:25:270 SGT] 00000014 ContainerResp E The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pagecode.AndroidsResource.getKeyid(AndroidsResource.java:41)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

#493982 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

Looks like you are trying to invoke the getKeyid() method on a null object which is why you are seeing a NullPointerException.

Do you see the BelsizeEJB project deployed along with the REST project in the server deployment location? If yes, then please recheck your code to handle the NPE.

Please cross post to development related forums like stackoverflow.com for better support as this is a development related query.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#494224 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Ok. I seem unable to find the .wadl file. How to generate it? I want to access it via the REST explorer.

#494232 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

The WADL file is automatically generated by the REST runtime (Jersey).Once you deploy the project to Tomcat, you can access it at http://localhost:port/<appname>/services/application.wadl (where “services” is the default, unless you changed the servlet-mapping value in web.xml).

Please refer to this REST Web Service tutorial : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/ws/rest-web-services-tutorial-pre14/

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#494291 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I deployed the REST project to WebSphere Application Server V8.0 (fixpack 6). Could it be because of this?

#494305 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

If you deployed the REST project to an application server other than MyEclipse Tomcat, the WADL URL used in the explorer could contain an incorrect port, preventing the explorer from loading your WADL file. Ex : Tomcat default port is 8080 and Websphere default port is 9080.

Check the port for the server you have configured and correct the url accordingly. If you are still seeing issues, I suggest you first deploy the project to MyEclipse Tomcat and check if it works.

Did you get a chance to update to the newer version of MyEclipse? Let us know if you are seeing any issues during the upgrade.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: RESTful architecture

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in