facebook

RSA ‘dot’ files?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Marvin Toll
    Participant

Some time ago I explored using MyEclipse Blue for our Fortune 10 company. At that time IBM propriatary ‘dot’ files (required for deployment) were not supported:

META-INF/ibm-application-bnd.xmi
    WEB-INF/ibm-web-bnd.xmi
    WEB-INF\ibm-web-ext.xmi

Question: Has the product matured enough to include these files? Or, has a work-around been established (reliable enough to use on four continents)?

#308213 Reply

MarvinToll,
    I have escalated this to the dev team member. They will get back to you on this.

#308316 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Marvin,

Recent versions of MyEclipse Blue (8 onwards) have included an enhancement feature that allows you to import projects in from RAD – these projects do include the dot files you mentioned and we can certainly deploy applications which contain these files – we know this works.

MyEclipse Blue does not provide editors for these files (other than the standard XML editor). Were you looking some specific support?

#310521 Reply

Marvin Toll
    Participant

Brian,

The question could be phrased:

“If I start a brand new EJB project… will the dot files required for deployment be included?”

Just like starting a new EJB project in RSA?

[Note: It might be time for me to try MyEclipse Blue again and do some self-discovery!] 🙂

_Marvin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: RSA ‘dot’ files?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in