May 7, 2018 at 8:31 pm #585189
Thank you for the responses to my previous questions.
Oh, another comment, I know that OSCode/VsCode is running as a background task. If I could ask for one small thing, it would be that searching (in general), or Looking up a class type didn’t try to get ahead of me typing so quickly as it causes a search to occur immediately, and the next character I am trying to type in the search ends up being inserted into the code I am trying to search for. The type ahead functionality is a bit too aggressive for me, a slight delay in the type ahead would allow me to finish tying to complete the search I am looking for, before attempting to guess ahead and me ending up modifying code and having to undo the guess ahead of what I am looking for. It really happens a lot when using the (mac) Control-F function to look for my desired result. I hate having to undo the code mods, and then re-clicking in the search functionality to get to what I am really looking for. I don’t know if there is a “sensitivity” control, but it would be nice. It moves much fast than my brain sometimes when trying to find what I am looking for.
Thank you for your responses. I am seriously hoping to give a lunch overview of MyEclipse — and IDE usage is a real religion with my fellow co-workers.
Thanks!May 8, 2018 at 8:06 am #585234
We totally get the, “IDE is religion” thing here 🙂
As far as the type ahead concern, I must say we’re at a loss and not too sure what feature you are referring to – I’m thinking either content assist or the inline search, but neither of them should result in the behavior you describe. We do use CodeMix internally as well (eat our own dogfood, we do), and none of us have run into something like this.
Rather than speculate further, do you mind sharing some screenshots of the problem(s)?
Thanks!May 23, 2018 at 11:09 am #588084
Ok, I am going to go ahead and bring this one back up, as I am seeing the behavior right now, where I am trying to Ctrl-f find something in file, what I have realized is that with the java editor it is fine, but when I am viewing an XML file, the behavior is happening where I ctrl-f and start typing, and it accepts a couple of characters, and then it tries to find it in the file, and I then find myself typing in the editor. I just switched back and forth and was able to see this behavior every time I go back to the XML editor.May 23, 2018 at 11:13 am #588085
Actually — it is in the MyEclipse Spring Config Editor that I am seeing the problem. I switched to the XML editor and it works fine, but the Spring Config Editor it always has that behavior.May 23, 2018 at 11:48 am #588090
That’s a great find – I replicated it in a few minutes. The bug does seem to be specific to that editor, we’ll dig in and see what’s going south.May 23, 2018 at 11:52 am #588091
I forgot to mention that you can disable the inline search on the Window > Preferences > DevStyle preference page. Uncheck “Use the Inline Search” checkbox.August 10, 2018 at 2:15 am #595503
We’ve just released the first 2018 version of MyEclipse, which contains a fix for this issue. This will not update your current version of MyEclipse; you will have to install it separately to get the fix. Your existing license is valid for this release and your current workspace can be used, though it will be updated when you first run MyEclipse 2018.
You can download a MyEclipse 2018 installer from our download page.