facebook

Serious Problem with Android Native Development

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Phil Gibbs

Eclipse (Version 10.7.1) frequently fails to build my app due to it not recognising the layout names and layout ids. A Clean will sometimes fix this, but often it does not. If I shutdown Eclipse and restart this often solves the issue, until it happens again. It seems that I’m experiencing this more often as time goes by. Also, when I started Eclipse yesterday, the Android Manifest file was missing, and a Class was missing from one of my packages. Good thing I back up each day, and was able to replace the objects. No, no one else has access to my PC. Has anyone else seen this happen? In my enterprise development days I never had any problems with Eclipse, but now my faith is seriously compromised.
    Should I uninstall Eclipse and re-install, which is a pain since all the Android libs have to be set up again.
    Thanks for any response.

#341827 Reply

support-swapna

barkingcat,

Sorry that you are seeing issues.

Can you please answer some more questions for us ?

1. Please share the Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

2. If you have installed Android Development Toolkit, please make sure the version of the plugin is compatible with Eclipse 3.7 which is the base for MyEclipse 10.7.1.

3. Do you have any other third party plugins installed ? If yes, then please list them.

4. Can you try starting the MyEclipse IDE with -clean args and see if it fixes the issue? Did you also try a clean on the project followed by a refresh ?

5. If the issue persists, please switch to a new workspace, replicate the issue and share the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log.

6. Please share details about the project. If possible please prepare a sample project which exhibits the issue and send it over to help us investigate further.

#341834 Reply

Phil Gibbs

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have already uninstalled MyEclipse and reinstalled with the latest download version. One issue has immediately disappeared – lots of red underscores indicating failure to compile when app is started. It usually compiled in 5 or 10 seconds, but now I no longer see this happening. I had been using this installation of MyEclipse since it was first released, giving plenty of time for some corruption to occur in the file system – registry etc. Perhaps that was the cause of all the problems. If this happens again I will send you the details you requested.

#341862 Reply

support-swapna

barkingcat,

Glad that you got it working.
    Do let us know if the issues reappear.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Serious Problem with Android Native Development

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in