facebook

set editor theme "Eclipse Standard" with workbench "Darkest Gray (Darkest Dark)"

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

peete
    Participant

I use workbench theme “Darkest Gray (Darkest Dark)”. The editor theme is “Pastel”. With this settings the workbench and the editor is dark. How can I (manually) set the background-color of the editor to white.

What I want to have is the following:
    Use “Darkest Gray (Darkest Dark)” for overall workbench BUT use the editor theme “Eclipse Standard” (white background for editor). I cannot find the editor theme “Eclipse Standard” when selecting the workbench theme “Darkest Gray (Darkest Dark)”.

Currently, it is not possible to use light editor themes with dark worbench themes, or?

#669719 Reply

support-swapna

peete,

Thank you for working with DevStyle.
    I am afraid you cannot use light editor themes with dark workbench themes.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#669726 Reply

peete
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

> I am afraid you cannot use light editor themes with dark workbench themes.

To whom should I send a Feature Request? I would like to see all available editor themes within the select box “editor themes” independently of the selected workbench theme.

#669749 Reply

support-swapna

peete,

It is by design that only dark editor themes can be selected with dark workbench themes.
    I will file a report for the dev team to check if we can support your request. We will keep you posted about it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#669754 Reply

peete
    Participant

Thanks. It would make sense to remove this limitation. Imagine a dark workbench theme with a light gray editor – the dark workbench can reduce the focus for the users eyes where the light editor increases it.

It would be sufficient to provide the checkbox “show all editor themes” within the Preference Pane of “DevStyle->Color Themes”. The checkbox should be is disabled by default. If user enables this checkbox, then both dark and light editor themes are shown within the selectbox of “editor themes”.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by peete.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: set editor theme "Eclipse Standard" with workbench "Darkest Gray (Darkest Dark)"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in