facebook

Setting and Resolving Target Platform based on Project

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jdeyton

SDC gurus, wizards, and mages,

I would like to set a default target platform for our project. I have tried to follow the directions for target platforms at the end of appendix D here http://www.genuitec.com/sdc/docs/sdc_admin.html#appendix_d, but could just not get anything working. Honestly I don’t quite understand how to fit it to our current project setup.

Annoying workflow task:

In our git repo, we have an Eclipse project that contains a target platform definition file (.target). After checking everything out, we have to resolve the target platform (either by opening it or going to the Eclipse Preferences and editing it under Plugin Development > Target Platform) and then set it as the target platform.

Preferred workflow:

After installing the Eclipse IDE package with SDC, the target platform is resolved and set after its associated Eclipse project is checked out and imported via a .git workspace configuration task (I have the .git part working well!).

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Jordan

#353664 Reply

jdeyton

I have been told that it is not currently possible out-of-the-box with SDC to have an Eclipse .target platform definition file resolved as a workspace task.

I suppose it might be possible to do this with a custom workspace task, assuming it can be done programmatically.

However, I think having the ability to package and ship a target platform along with the SDC (.targetplatform workspace tasks) package should work for us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Setting and Resolving Target Platform based on Project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in