facebook

some things that need to be polished

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jdjaraf

Hello, to test MyEclipseIDE I imported a web project which uses Struts 1.2.
    The first thing I noticed is that the zoom of the design view of the struts-config.xml file can not be less than 50% this limitation is not useful if the project contains a lot of elements.
    The second commentary is more a feature request. It would be nice if from the outline view of the struts config file one could go to the Java source of the component shown (for example to the Form or the Action source file).
    The third thing has to do with JSPs. In my project I use resource bundles to manage the language of the labels shown in the pages, however this labels are not shown in the preview of the JSPs.

Thanks.

#224323 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The first thing I noticed is that the zoom of the design view of the struts-config.xml file can not be less than 50% this limitation is not useful if the project contains a lot of elements.

This is a bug that slipped the 3.8.4 release, we will get it in a later release. Sorry you ran into this annoyance.

It would be nice if from the outline view of the struts config file one could go to the Java source of the component shown (for example to the Form or the Action source file).

Good suggestion, I will file it.

In my project I use resource bundles to manage the language of the labels shown in the pages, however this labels are not shown in the preview of the JSPs.

We will eventually support this as we get around to beefing up our preview mode.

#224477 Reply

kitm

jdjaraf,

There’s a very lightweight eclipse plugin called AnyEditTools (http://andrei.gmxhome.de/anyedit/) that does exactly what you want in your second comment (for any open editor – not just struts-config). I’ve been using it with ME 3.8.2 for a couple of months now with no problems.

Cheers,
    -Kit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: some things that need to be polished

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in