facebook

Source not found in debug on Weblogic 12c

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

maiconramones
    Participant

Hi guy’s,

Now I’m using WLS 12c, the projects using maven and deployed successfully.

But in first debug after launch WLS the MyEclipse didn’t find the source of projects, so always need configure the source path lookup.

What I need do for solved this issue?

Attention: Add line nunber attributes in MyEclipse it’s marked…

WLS 12c development
    MyEclipse
    – Version: 10.5
    – Build id: 10.5-20120615

Follow some screenshots:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #328075 Reply

support-swapna

maiconramones,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you answer some more questions for us ?

1. Do you have this problem with your class or class from Maven dependency?

2. Do you have to go through the same process (of Edit Source Lookup Path,add the project you are debugging) every time you go into debug mode ?

3. If you are compiling the classes using MyEclipse, just be sure you have the setting ‘Add line number attributes’ turned on for the project. Something to check (if you set it at the workspace level) is that you don’t accidentally have custom compiler settings for your individual project that are overriding the workspace settings and turing this off. Then be sure to Project > Clean your project.

If you are compiling the classes using Maven then please modify the pom.xml to include the debug attribute for compiler. Take a look at this thread and check if the setting works for you :
    http://www.ericparshall.com/2012/01/unable-to-install-breakpoint-due-to.html

4. Can you also please list out the steps in detail right from maven project creation till how you are trying to debug for us to help replicate the issue at our end?

Let us know how it works for you.

#328625 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

Hi swapna I have not received any notification of your answer. Sorry I’m late.

The answers.

1. Do you have this problem with your class or class from Maven dependency?

Reply: With both cases.

2. Do you have to go through the same process (of Edit Source Lookup Path,add the project you are debugging) every time you go into debug mode ?

Reply: Yes.

3. If you are compiling the classes using MyEclipse, just be sure you have the setting ‘Add line number attributes’ turned on for the project. Something to check (if you set it at the workspace level) is that you don’t accidentally have custom compiler settings for your individual project that are overriding the workspace settings and turing this off. Then be sure to Project > Clean your project.

Reply: No. In all projects have “Add line number” marked. Maven it’s configured with debug = true but in other projects using Myeclipse + maven (debug = false) + (oc4j / glassfish) works fine.

4. Can you also please list out the steps in detail right from maven project creation till how you are trying to debug for us to help replicate the issue at our end?

Reply: I don’t remember all steps but I didn’t anything special in the configuration.

Example

Project A (type jar)
    Project B (type web) depends project A

You want see the settings files of projects? (.classpath, .project…)

The same project works fine with Glassfish (3.1.2) connector. When I created one New Server with Debug configurations I added source of project manually and the debug stopped in breakpoints.

But the MAIN target is HOT DEPLOY works as OC4J for instance. Why now I don’t have HOT DEPLOY.

It is necessary redeploy for each modified class

The HOT DEPLOY is the main advantage of MyEclipse if this feature not work how explain for my boss buy license of MyEclipse

May be that the error is mine so I’m asking for help

Sorry my english

#328641 Reply

support-swapna

maiconramones,

Thank you for the details. I could replicate the issue with hot deployment on Weblogic 12 version. The dev team is looking into the issue.

As a workaround, you can add the argument, -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=false to
    the JVM arguments in the Weblogic 12 connector configuration for the hot deploy to work.
    Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

I could not replicate the issue with Debug at my end. I checked with the example structure you mentioned.

Can you please try with a normal web project and a jar, add the correct source attachment in the Build Path window and check if you see the issue ?

Let us know how it works for you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Source not found in debug on Weblogic 12c

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in