facebook

Spring Bean Seach not working in 8.6

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Smitty
    Participant

Hi,

I just installed MyEclipse 8.6 and loaded my workspace with my Web Project. The same project I’ve been maintaining in MyEclipse 6.0. I go the Search > Spring Bean Search and enter one of the ID’s to one of my Spring Beans and search the workspace for it. In 6.0 this works fine and finds my Bean in a Spring XML file under my web projects WEB-INF/ folder. When I do the same search though in 8.6 I get no hits.

I also noticed in 6.0 I can open the view called Spring Bean and it shows my Web project and all the Spring XML files below it. In 8.6 the Spring view is called “Spring Explorer” and when I open it nothing shows.

How do I configure 8.6’s Spring Search and Spring Explorer view to find my Spring XML files?

I’m still on Spring 1.2 and my files begin with:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC “-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN” “http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd”&gt;

Thanks,
    Smitty

#312103 Reply

Smitty,
    I am unable to replicate this at my end. Even with Spring1.2, the search and spring explorer view are working as expected. Please refer to the screen shots attached.
    Can you give us some more information regarding your issue?
    1. Are there any errors logged in the log file located at workspace dir > .metadata > .log when you open the spring explorer view? Please clear your log file, save it and open the spring explorer view to look for relevant errors.
    2. Did you import your project from your previous workspace?
    3. If you create a new project in a new workspace using ME8.6, does the issue persist?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #312105 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

Hi Shalini and thanks for the quick reply.

#1 – There are no errors logged in the log.

#2 – Yes, this is a previous Workspace imported from our source code repository.

#3 – I created a brand new Workspace and created a Java Project and a Web Project and created some dummy classes in each. Then created a simple Spring config XML file.

I realized the problem however now. It looks like I need to re-add Spring Capabilities to my previous WorkSpace’s Web Application.

This fixed my problem.

Thanks,
    Smitty

#312111 Reply

Smitty,

This fixed my problem.

Good to know that your issue is fixed.
    Do let us know if you have any issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Spring Bean Seach not working in 8.6

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in