facebook

Spring Tools 4 properties editor background is white

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

helospark
    Participant

I have installed the Spring Tools 4 plugin, which has a properties file editor for application.properties file, but the font is set to light-grey, which makes it quire unreadable.

Regular Eclipse dark theme correctly styles this editor. As I see, it is a regular org.eclipse.ui.internal.genericeditor.ExtensionBasedTextEditor with Spring properties file support added.

Repro:
    – Install Darkest Dark theme and Spring Tools 4 plugin
    – Create/Open a project that has an application.properties file (You can create one by File->New->Spring Starter Project -> next,next,finish
    – Open application.properties file (with the default “Generic editor – Spring projects”)
    – Notice, that the background is completely white with light grey text (see image)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #601322 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

helospark,

The Spring Properties editor has its own themes and appears to default to a light theme. To change to a dark theme, right click in the editor and then select Switch to Theme>Dark. You may need to close and reopen the editor to get the full effect of the change. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

Please let us know how you get on.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #601392 Reply

helospark
    Participant

Hey Tony,

Thank you for you answer, I was not aware the custom theme change option.

Do you maybe know, why the theme is properly changed for regular dark theme, but not for Darkest Dark theme? Is that functionality built into Spring Tools plugin? Would it be possible to automatically change for Devstyle as well?
    (I’m asking because STS4 plugin is quite popular with almost 1M download, so I guess many others will also experience the wrong theme)

Anyway, if it is not possible/too much work to find out, I’m happy with the current resolution of manual change.

Kind regards,
    helospark

#601397 Reply

Aaron Lara

Helospark, that’s a great suggestion! We will investigate if it’s something we can implement in DevStyle (most likely we can). Thanks for pointing that out!

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#624176 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Just a note that this issue came back up in our backlog and it seems like we’re no longer seeing the break — if I follow the steps, I see it automatically using Eclipse Dark. If still happening for you, please let us know!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Spring Tools 4 properties editor background is white

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in