facebook

SpringIDE 2.0 integration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Robert Varga
    Participant

Hi Scott & Co.,

when will the Spring IDE 2.0 be integrated?

I gravely miss it 🙂

Best regards,

Robert

#272194 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robert,
    It will be in 6.1, I guess it just went final yesterday or some where around then. We’ll start integration shortly.

#272207 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Robert,
    It will be in 6.1, I guess it just went final yesterday or some where around then. We’ll start integration shortly.

Hi Riyad,

6.1 only? It is not even on the roadmap. When will it be released? (I somehow hope you wanted to write 6.0M1 🙂 )

Is there a way to use the original plugin until then together with ME?

Btw, will 6.0M1 support Europa?

Best regards,

Robert

#272244 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robert,
    Yes 6.0 is on Europa… the porting effort alone is like adding 4 new major features so it will be light with some polish over 5.5 (although some nice stuff is getting in there too).

Sorry about 6.1, I know it seems like a long way away, but we are rolling 6.0 out the door in the next few weeks, not going to be a long release cycle.

Also you can disable the MyEclipse Spring support (Window > Prefs > General > Capabilities > Advanced) and then install SpringIDE 2.0 if you absolutely need it in there before we get to it. We’ll rectify things soon enough though, sorry for the delay.

#273854 Reply

anderssv

I can’t really figure out how to disable the Spring capabilities. There is no Capabilities under Window > Prefs > General. I also tried to manage configuration and right click on the Spring part to disable it, but all choices in the menu was disabled.

I’m on Eclipse Europa and MyEclipse 6.0 M1.

#273885 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Your installation may be corrupted, the Capabilities menu shouldn’t be missing if your installation is correct.

Did you use the All in One installer to do your MyEclipse install? Our 6.0 GA release should be out very shortly if you want to wait for that and try and do a reinstall.

#273910 Reply

anderssv

I downloaded Europa, unpacked it and installed MyEclipse via the archived update site install. I have a thing against installers. 😉 It would be my preferred way of installing.

So the Capabilities item should appear under the General settings of Eclipse, and not under the MyEclipse settings?

#273939 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm the steps you took should be fine. An alternative if you dislike installers is to use the Manual Install and add MyEclipse as a product extension, it helps keep it separate from your main eclipse/plugins dir.

And yes the Caps prefs should be under General.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #273979 Reply

anderssv

Hjm, I really can’t find it. I have tried with a brand new Eclipse Europa install, and both through the update site and the manual install procedures. I unzip Eclipse to a new folder, start from a fresh workspace, install MyEclipse in two different ways, but I still can’t find it. 🙁 Anyone else done this?

#274010 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Doh… what about a new workspace? (File > Switch Workspace > C:\tempworkspace)

#274089 Reply

anderssv

Hjm, no luck. 🙁 I’ll see if I can get someone else to validate this on another computer.

#274667 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

So when will 6.1 be coming out? 🙂

BR,

Robert

#274678 Reply

Riyad Kalla

So when will 6.1 be coming out?

I think November/Dec is the goal, which means Milestones in a month/month-and-a-half or so?

#274691 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

So when will 6.1 be coming out?

I think November/Dec is the goal, which means Milestones in a month/month-and-a-half or so?

Hi Riyad,

will the Spring IDE 2.0.1 make it to 6.1m1? 🙂

Pretty please… 🙂

TIA&BR,

Robert

#274704 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m not sure of the details of 6.1 yet. I would expect it to… unless there was some other major feature that needed to be worked on instead of that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
Reply To: SpringIDE 2.0 integration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in