facebook

SpringIDE 2.0 integration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

cannonwg

We use SpringIDE and myeclipse’s spring functionality together without any issues. I also have gwtdesigner and aspectJ plugins on the same eclipse again no issues.

#279781 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Alph,
    I notified management that the requests have been elevated to “death threats”, that’ll motivate um! 😀

Riyad,

no death threats, after all we know that if we kill off the devs then no one will remain to implement what we want.

Threatening to lock up all the devs in the office and putting on some annoying “music” can be much more productive… 🙂

Best regards,

Robert

#279782 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@cannonwg wrote:

We use SpringIDE and myeclipse’s spring functionality together without any issues. I also have gwtdesigner and aspectJ plugins on the same eclipse again no issues.

Hi cannonwg,

Do you mean Spring IDE is installed while MyEclipse’s Spring capabilities are not disabled?

Or do you mean the MyEclipse Spring capabilities are disabled, and ME Hibernate features can still use the SessionFactory defined in the Spring bean definition file?

Which version of Spring IDE and which version of MyEclipse do you use?

Thanks,

Robert

#279851 Reply

cannonwg

@robvarga wrote:

@cannonwg wrote:

Hi cannonwg,

Do you mean Spring IDE is installed while MyEclipse’s Spring capabilities are not disabled?

Or do you mean the MyEclipse Spring capabilities are disabled, and ME Hibernate features can still use the SessionFactory defined in the Spring bean definition file?

Which version of Spring IDE and which version of MyEclipse do you use?

Thanks,

Robert

Springid 2.02 AND myeclipse spring features, Haven’t decided to try 2.2 yet. I might set that up on another copy of eclipse to first, I suspect it would not cause any issues.

Also other plugin’s installed:

AspectJ

GWTdesigner

Seems to work just fine.

We have a big project , Spring hibernate , jpa/hibernate provider , springWebFlow and icefaces for the view technology.
    I have a lot of demos, and will make some of the more generic ones available to the pubiic.
    Does not see to be that much in the way of samples that use those technologies.

#280630 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Robert,
    It will turn off the Spring-Hibernate integration, so you would be on your own.

NOTE: Guys I sent back your complaints to management and really pushed hard and I think we are going to rectify this in the 6.1 release shortly. We appreciate you letting us know when we need to spend some more time in an area and will always try and keep our users happy as best we can.

During the milestone phases as that func gets in there, I’d appreciate any help kicking the tires and make sure we got things right. I think Jan/Feb timeline is looking likely for a Milestone.

Hi Riyad,

any news about that milestone of which the tyres need some kicking? 🙂

BR,

Robert

#280660 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robert,
    We are working on Blue Edition for a Feb release right now, but then after that it’s all-hands-on-deck for 6.1/6.5 (haven’t decided on name yet).

#282129 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Robert,
    We are working on Blue Edition for a Feb release right now, but then after that it’s all-hands-on-deck for 6.1/6.5 (haven’t decided on name yet).

Hi Riyad,

any news about this one?

BR,

Robert

#282154 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No news, I keep bringing it up though so management is painfully aware of it. Until Blue goes GA, I doubt I’m going to get anyone to commit to a timeline for me to publicly announce.

#282177 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

Only after GA?

Blue M1 only came out a couple of weeks ago… Blue GA is scheduled for Q2 according to the roadmap… (which btw shows it to appear at the same time as 6.1GA) Spring IDE 2.0 is going to be almost a year old when you release a version of ME which goes with it… You might even want to skip it and just go with Spring IDE 2.1 by that time…

#282223 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Blue is going to go GA in mid-March and is versioned at 6.1, MyEclipse 6.5 will have to follow a few months later and then we have 7.0 right after that which will be on the new Ganymede (3.4) platform which is coming out end of June.

So the dev schedule is packed pretty tight.

#282276 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Blue is going to go GA in mid-March and is versioned at 6.1, MyEclipse 6.5 will have to follow a few months later and then we have 7.0 right after that which will be on the new Ganymede (3.4) platform which is coming out end of June.

So the dev schedule is packed pretty tight.

Which means that my one year estimate to follow Spring IDE 2.0 is quite exact. 🙁

#283577 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

This message has not been recovered.

#283579 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#283721 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

#283774 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: SpringIDE 2.0 integration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in